Big Block Dart Forums banner

Anyone using a Lokar cable kickdown on their 727 with a Holly Carburetor

32K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  abodyjoe 
#1 ·
BBD I could not get my stock small block three piece kickdown to work on my 440..I ordered a Lokar cable kickdown kit for it and want to here from other people who have used them....any pics would be appreciated...;)

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm using a Lokar cable for my 727. It works great. I am running a ProSystem carb. which is a Holley style.

#5 ·
Rick it looks like your mounting it on your stock style mounting bracket...Do you guys think that I can maintain my stock accelerator cable and mount and incorporate the Lokar kickdown?

#6 ·
I am using a stock 6cyl throttle cable, it's longer and reaches the carb with the high rise intake and a 1" spacer. I used and modified a CSR Performance throttle cable bracket to raise the throttle cable up to level with the linkage. I also just used the stock cable bracket for the Lokar kickdown cable. This keeps everything in line, nice and straight with no possibility of binding. It works great.

#8 ·
Got my Lokar kickdown cable today, instructions said I needed their cable bracket that attaches to the carburetor :mad: , I looked back at this post and saw that Rick set his on top of the factory throttle bracket.. I may look at that tomorrow and see if it will work for me before ordering their bracket.

#9 ·
Got it hooked up to the tranny today with no problems, i added a washer to the top of the swivel to make sure the bottom of the swivel stud does not interfere with the shifter lever...

#10 ·
I got my kickdown cable hooked up last night but I found out that the Lokar bracket would interfere with my stock throttle bracket so I took it off and ordered a Lokar throttle cable...For those of you who run both cables what did you do to hook it up to your gas pedal?

This is what I changed down below to make sure it returned the lever all of the way....

#12 ·
Thanks...dude....

#13 ·
Got my throttle cable in this morning...Had to drill a new hole in the throttle lever on the carb to line it up...I also had to enlarge the hole in the gas pedal so that the crimped ball would fit...see the attached pictures....

#20 ·
I agree with West... Lots less junk on the left side, It's the best of both worlds, a manual and an automatic!! You can make it shift hard or soft just by the amount that you have the loud pedal pushed down, and how many revs before you shift. The best thing that has ever happened to an automatic transmission, IMO...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.