Big Block Dart Forums banner

Pics of my 68 Barracuda 383 S 4 speed car Take two.

29K views 68 replies 14 participants last post by  qkcuda 
#1 · (Edited)
The first time i posted this car the Bigblockdart web site went down and my car pics were gone and Bill spent days working on the site so i waited to post it agin hopfull with a better outcome. so here it is it started life as a 68 barracuda 383 S 4 speed car i bought it 10 year ago with no drive tran. I replaced the cage and had the dana built when i got the car the chassis guy was suppose to fix the old frame work but did not do it. so i was on my own there i got a pair of S&W floor fit frame rails (lol) and tryed to fit them in the car with the intention to keep what i could of the floor but that just didnt work out. So now the car has to be rolling so i can get it to a chassis guy to replace the rear down tubes on my cage and go over my welds

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
In my view, there's nothing more bad ass than the rear of a '68 Cuda with big ass tires and a Dana under it. Keep up with pics of the progress...

#5 ·
Got my car back from the chassis guy he put the new rear down tubes in it and x-brace with shock mounts (only 1 per side i asked him about it he said it would be fine) now i just need to wipe up a qick car dolly so i can get the body work done i have 2 rust holes not to bad at all but both 1/4ers and the floor pans will take a bit

#10 ·
Well starting to get some work done on my car so I`m going to post a few picks I welded up all the holes in the floor yesterday and pained it the plan is to Lizard Skin it down the road and today I cut one of the 1/4s off my friend is coming next week to help me get the new one lined up and clecoed on so i can start welding on it hope to keep moving forward from here till i get to mockup i think i have all the parts to put it back together to see how it all fits

Attachments

#16 ·
Got some filler on the 1/4 this weekend i need to get a longer durablock so i can smooth it out better before i do anymore sanding or filling i was going to start the others side but its nice to be able to use it to see how to shape the new side the old metal stayed pretty straight but the new panel was thinner and was more destorted by the welding

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.