Big Block Dart Forums banner

Johnny's Dart

19K views 56 replies 19 participants last post by  OSDart 
#1 ·
Her is the 69 Dart we have been working on for awhile. It has a cage and has been back halved. It will have a stroked 400 with B1 heads. Running a g-force trans. Should be alot of fun. We are trying to get it ready for this spring. It will be street driven and compeat in a few classses at the drag strips in our area. I will try to update this often since we should see alot of changes to it quickly. Thanks, john

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
this thing should be a hoot with the g-force and the 400! Keep us updated

#7 ·
The headers look very interesting....it ought to be a lot of fun

#12 ·
Car looks good with the paint on...but something is off with the color and some are fuzzy...are you using a crappy blackberry to take pictures like I do...not ment to hurt feelings...It doesn't mine when people ask me what I am using...Eric

#14 ·
nope. im using a crappy palm treo phone. took pictures with regular "wifes" camera. havent had time to figure out how to get them on here. file size too big. will try when i get more done on the car.
Here's one solution...go to photobucket.com....sign up for a free account...upload your camera pics there....above the pic click on the resize image...change it to 640 say by 400 and save a copy....in your posts copy the img link from photobucket and paste it into your post it will look like this and not an attachment...

#16 ·
Your welcome...when I first started my daughter now 21 years old had to show me how to use photobucket and paste pictures...now I am a master at it...Eric

#20 ·
Great looking projectthmsup I'm doing a 511 B1 engine right now also. Actually just got done installing the spiral locks on the pins and pistons. Installing the rings right now. The performance machine shop let me balance my assembly myself day before yesterday. Sure feels good to do an engine from opening the new boxes to cranking it up. What B1 heads did you use? I got the B1 originals. Koffel's had a winter special on their top end kits. I let them build them and port them for me.

I look forward to following your build and times0-0 My stuff is in a 68 dart. Im hoping to lay down some super comp times in it

#21 ·
I am using B1 originals also. Changed the valvetrain though. I bought mine from his winter sale also a few years back. Made good power on the dyno. Hoping to run some good times also. What carb will you be running ? Have you fit the motor in the car yet? Carb sits high if you are using the B1 manifold. Can't wait to see your car. Where do you race at ?

#25 · (Edited)
#26 ·
I didn't buy into the full port job. My combo is 4.375 x 4.25 in an RB useing a 7.076 rod length.. The flow numbers are supposed to be around 390 cfm. I can/will post the flow sheet when it arrives.

I have also read the thread link you posted over to Moparts a few times. From the first day it was created. It doesn't take a lot of work to get these heads to work well. Since I am useing a stock block with a girdle and no aluminum main caps, I am not going all out on HP levels. My car is very light, so a good et number can be achieved easier than most that are chasing the finish line et.

#31 ·
Great job, hood clearance will be an issue. I like the engine sling to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.