Need to raise rear - but how?
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need to raise rear - but how?

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you figured out how much you want to raise it? I don't think it would be hard at all to modify the factory mounts to accommodate just about what ever height adjustment you need.
    http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/jdavenport6/b-25011.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cu440da View Post
    Come on - no one else is gonna hit this one out of the park?

That reminds me of your old Loverboy concert shirt. Hot pink, cut off super short "Get it up- Keep it up"
    That was too easy and no one hit it. That shirt, however, is Wendy's and she still has it.

Post Thanks / Like
    just put a set of airshocks under it.till u figure out which way to go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a bit of info for you guys, I used to build street rods a "while" back using Mistake II front suspensions. The easy way to cut coil springs is to submerse them in a bucket of water, where the water is just below the where you wish to cut. Use a air operated cut off grinder. The heat doesn't transfer down the coils, so you don't lose the tensile strength. Just a suggestion from an old hot rodder.

6. Thanks Capt_Jack thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PS67dart383 View Post
    just put a set of airshocks under it.till u figure out which way to go!
    Mine has been sitting on Gabriel skyjackers for what seems like forever! I keep meaning to 4link it, but get distracted by other projects. For what it's worth they do the job really well for the 42$ I paid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonracer View Post
    Just a bit of info for you guys, I used to build street rods a "while" back using Mistake II front suspensions. The easy way to cut coil springs is to submerse them in a bucket of water, where the water is just below the where you wish to cut. Use a air operated cut off grinder. The heat doesn't transfer down the coils, so you don't lose the tensile strength. Just a suggestion from an old hot rodder.

ok, that makes entirely too much sense. it'll never work

(kidding...great tip. one I'll have to remember)

its how I roll

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the caltracs use the rear sec of leaf for spring/height call them and ask how much for diff rear sec.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this has been a long time, but I can give you the correct answer to the problem. I got the numbers off the old mono leafs. I called Caltrac and told him how much higher I wanted to go, and he sold me new back halves to the existing mono leafs. They were half the price of a whole new set and raised me up beautifully. I spent $189 and got the stance I wanted. Life is good.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is great news!! Good for both you and them.
    69 Swinger 340
    Soon to be 69 426 Dart
    80 Crew Cab gas hawg
    01 DIESEL Hauler

Bailey, Colorado

Post Thanks / Like
    The Mr Gasket shackles will work also. I have used them before to raise the back some. They have about 5 holes in them and what I did is find the hole that raised it about an inch. Then cut the shackle off just below the hole and paint them black. That way they look stock and you dont have 4 inches of shackle hanging down below the rear of the spring. I hate when I see long shackles hanging down below the spring in the rear of a car. Ron
    My car , 63 Sport Fury Max Wedge wanna be pump gas street car......10.76 @ 124.49 ! ! My page on the 62-65 Mopar site...http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo82008.html

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 383man View Post
    The Mr Gasket shackles will work also. I have used them before to raise the back some. They have about 5 holes in them and what I did is find the hole that raised it about an inch. Then cut the shackle off just below the hole and paint them black. That way they look stock and you dont have 4 inches of shackle hanging down below the rear of the spring. I hate when I see long shackles hanging down below the spring in the rear of a car. Ron
    Ron, where do you get the Mr. gasket shackles for a 1972 dart? I need some so i can get rid of the airshocks!