Trunk extention brase
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Trunk extention brase

Post Thanks / Like

Trunk extention brase

My car had alot of rust aroud the factory trunk extention braces so i cut them out the car is going to be tubed so my question is do i run my fabed extentions to the tubs or can i run them to my roll bars on both sides

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry not trunk ext i mean the trunk lid ext the body betwwen the trunk lid and window
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    That's called the rear deck. If it was mine, I would weld the braces to the tubs. I would then weld tabs to the cage (tubes) and weld tabs to the tubs/rear deck, then bolt them to the cage tabs. That way, for whatever reason (drag racing rules change) it would be possible to modify the cage, or even replace the sheetmetal on the body.
    NEW DOESN'T MEAN GOOD, IT JUST MEANS IT HAS NEVER BEEN USED BEFORE!

EFFICIENCY IS A STATE OF MIND AND IT EXISTS NOWHERE ELSE.

Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come pull your ass out of the bind you've gotten yourself into.

BBD GOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'd would like to recommend a "X" cross brace from the main hoop to the top of frame at the shock tube. that way the cage will have lateral stability.
    "bOb Built" (no matter how many times it takes)

Post Thanks / Like
    I asked the guy that did my cage if he should put a X brace in he said it didnt need one but im with you Bob ill do it my self were would you attach the top at inside the rear bars or outside and should the bottom go to the top of the shock tower or to the frame ( you may know my chassis guy Neal Armstrong?)

Post Thanks / Like
    by the time you get all of your sheet metal in it will brace the panel. i am sure that you are using a pin on trunk lid. that was the way i did mine, but now i am putting trunk hinges back on. so now i have made hinges, and put a brace on between the frame rails and deck.
    Attached Images
    1970 challenger R/T 438 c.i. 4 sp. prostreet