Big Block Dart Forums banner

Trunk extention brase

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jackie 
#1 ·
My car had alot of rust aroud the factory trunk extention braces so i cut them out the car is going to be tubed so my question is do i run my fabed extentions to the tubs or can i run them to my roll bars on both sides

#3 ·
That's called the rear deck. If it was mine, I would weld the braces to the tubs. I would then weld tabs to the cage (tubes) and weld tabs to the tubs/rear deck, then bolt them to the cage tabs. That way, for whatever reason (drag racing rules change) it would be possible to modify the cage, or even replace the sheetmetal on the body.

#5 ·
I asked the guy that did my cage if he should put a X brace in he said it didnt need one but im with you Bob ill do it my self were would you attach the top at inside the rear bars or outside and should the bottom go to the top of the shock tower or to the frame ( you may know my chassis guy Neal Armstrong?)

#6 ·
by the time you get all of your sheet metal in it will brace the panel. i am sure that you are using a pin on trunk lid. that was the way i did mine, but now i am putting trunk hinges back on. so now i have made hinges, and put a brace on between the frame rails and deck.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.