Lizard Skin coating
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Lizard Skin coating

Post Thanks / Like

Lizard Skin coating

Any of you guys use Lizard skin to cought the bottom of your cars

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

BBD GOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

i thought about it but you have to have so many of those little bastards to cover the whole bottom.
    "bOb Built" (no matter how many times it takes)

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

BBD LEGEND
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...........They did that on TRUCKS yesterday, pretty impressive.............kim........
    MR. Mechanic...........Panther Pink Duster* * The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I also saw it on Trucks . As with any spray on heat and sound deadner, you should have the vehicle high enough to get everywhere when you spray. On the show they had the truck on its firewall with the floor exposed. I don't think you can have a vehicle on jack stands and have only minimum space to be waving a spray gun.
    I had though about doing it on my wagon but instead I went with putting Dynamat inside.

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I coated the interior floor pans, roof, and firewall with the sound deadner and and thermal stuff, it looks like its gonna work great. Have not had the car running/on the road with it yet Seems like a better option to me than Dynamat. Had dynamat on the roof (no headliner) and on a hot day it delaminated off the roof and hit my wife in the head while she was going down the road

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess im old school. I usually take all that stuff off my cars. Any place to loose weight is my goal. It might be good on a cruiser, but do you really need it?

Post Thanks / Like
    In my case this is a 50 Ply wagon with a 250 hp 360 motor. It's a cruiser and I wanted insulation and sound deadner for obvious reasons.
    Now if you are looking to race , then yea, you want to lighten the load so you just paint everything.