Laysons bumpers
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Laysons bumpers

Post Thanks / Like

Laysons bumpers

Anyone have success or tried the new bumpers from Laysons? I have a 69 dart and I'm debating having mine sent out to be worked and rechromed vs saving a little and buying new reproductions from Laysons. I've heard bad stuff about reproduction bumpers so any advice is appreciated.

Jamie

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chastee1 View Post
    Anyone have success or tried the new bumpers from Laysons? I have a 69 dart and I'm debating having mine sent out to be worked and rechromed vs saving a little and buying new reproductions from Laysons. I've heard bad stuff about reproduction bumpers so any advice is appreciated.

Jamie
    I don't know about the bumper quality, but you must be new here. Customer service is NOT one of Layson's strong points. I would spend my money on a reputable chrome shop before I would even consider buying from Dave Layson and company for ANY of my restoration needs. Just my opiion on the matter.
    Last edited by winkgnz; 03-17-2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: grammer

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like people are liking the AMD bumpers, lots of dealers for them and also on ebay.
    building a 69 Dart 383/727/D60

Daily Driver 1998 Ram CTD 12V 4x4 Quad Cab Auto Short box

Kills with the CTD Ram = 1 old guy in a 4 door K car

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Megajoltman View Post
    Seems like people are liking the AMD bumpers, lots of dealers for them and also on ebay.
    Thanks for the tip. I've never heard of or worked with AMD before but they have a ton of stuff! I'm going to ditch the bumper protectors and probably just put some matching hardware in those holes. After a little more research and a flight home tonight i'll likely call and buy tomorrow. I may also get some rear glass from them since my original rear glass has a section of noticeable scratches right in the middle of the surface...and maybe a fuel tank since they have those too. Thanks!