Steering column lower bushing/bearing...
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Steering column lower bushing/bearing...

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

Steering column lower bushing/bearing...

I have a 1971 Duster floor shift steering column that I purchased awhile back... The problem is that there is no bearing or bushing in the bottom of the steering column... What exactly do I need for this..?? I cannot find much online for this bearing/bushing... There is a metal clip that looks like it is supposed to hold some sort of assembly in place.... Any help and pics would be appreciated... Thanks...

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres what I did and it seems to really work well......http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...umn%2C+bearing

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    That looks like a great fit... I just ordered one... Were there any modifications done to make it fit? Does the wire clip hold it in place or is there something else that keeps it in?

Post Thanks / Like
    No is goes kinda where the clip is, but it is a nice press fit in the column tube and then the lock collar of the bearing holds it to the shaft. You can remove the shaft from the column to get it on there.