440 oil pump to K member clearance
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: 440 oil pump to K member clearance

Post Thanks / Like

440 oil pump to K member clearance

We are putting a 440 in 1971 dart, need ideas for clearance between oil pump and K member. Use motor plate in front. I would like to use a mildon external oil line pick up but there is not enough room to add on to the oil pump. Do we have to cut and box in K member for clearance.
    Thanks
    any help would be great
    Any Pictures of a set up with Mildon pump??

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    With Shumachers kit you have to notch the k-member and even notch it more for a HV pump. Mine will be in tomorrow so I will take some measurements. Here's one in Nevin's 426 hemi Dart.

Eric Bremer
    Tomball TX 77375

1968 Dodge Dart 440 Big Block, Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads, Performer RPM intake, Holley 770 CFM Street Avenger, .541/.538 lift hydraulic roller cam, Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Roller Rockers..Crane Roller lifters..580 Final lift, MSD pro-billet distributor, MSD ignition, 355 Auburn Suregrip 8 3/4 rear end.

1977 Dodge Aspen R/T...318...4 speed tranny with 355 gears in a 8 1/4" rear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eric Bremer
    Tomball TX 77375

1968 Dodge Dart 440 Big Block, Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads, Performer RPM intake, Holley 770 CFM Street Avenger, .541/.538 lift hydraulic roller cam, Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Roller Rockers..Crane Roller lifters..580 Final lift, MSD pro-billet distributor, MSD ignition, 355 Auburn Suregrip 8 3/4 rear end.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't seen oil pump clearance problems with the Direct Connection conversion...

Post Thanks / Like
    bremereric,

In the photo of the (mildon) oil pump what top cover is being used? Can you use a stock cover/oil filter adapter on the mildon pump? I think this will make it more compact set up.
    Thanks Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dafixr View Post
    bremereric,

In the photo of the (mildon) oil pump what top cover is being used? Can you use a stock cover/oil filter adapter on the mildon pump? I think this will make it more compact set up.
    Thanks Jim
    That's a picture of Nevin's motor but mine is the same. We both used a stock Mellings HV cover. Unfortunately the Milodon external pump stick out farther than a Mellings HV internal unit. So the clearance to the k-frame is even worse.
    Eric Bremer
    Tomball TX 77375

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I think we are going to cut and box in by oil pump for clearance.

When done I'll post some pic's.