Big Block Dart Forums banner

440 oil pump to K member clearance

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  dafixr 
#1 ·
We are putting a 440 in 1971 dart, need ideas for clearance between oil pump and K member. Use motor plate in front. I would like to use a mildon external oil line pick up but there is not enough room to add on to the oil pump. Do we have to cut and box in K member for clearance.
Thanks
any help would be great
Any Pictures of a set up with Mildon pump???????????

#2 ·
With Shumachers kit you have to notch the k-member and even notch it more for a HV pump. Mine will be in tomorrow so I will take some measurements. Here's one in Nevin's 426 hemi Dart.

#3 ·
#6 ·
bremereric,

In the photo of the (mildon) oil pump what top cover is being used? Can you use a stock cover/oil filter adapter on the mildon pump? I think this will make it more compact set up.
Thanks Jim
That's a picture of Nevin's motor but mine is the same. We both used a stock Mellings HV cover. Unfortunately the Milodon external pump stick out farther than a Mellings HV internal unit. So the clearance to the k-frame is even worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.