Small Block Dart (currently)
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Small Block Dart (currently)

Post Thanks / Like

Small Block Dart (currently)

Hello,
    I was curious... I'm currently building and working on a 69 Dart Drag Car with a newly built stroker 340. (i.e. 416) I know this is a Big Block Dart website, does that mean I really shouldn't post stuff relating to my car?
    The project is an over 25 year carry over from before I had kids. I'm finally trying to complete it and get it out to the drag strip. This site has been a great help to me for things like narrowing springs, tire clearance, etc. I've also been converting over to the Magnum Force Coilover front suspension, adding tubs, a roll bar, sub-frame connectors, among other things. BTW: I've also been taking lots of pictures during this process. So I have lots of stuff to post.
    I'm a retired Master Auto Tech. So, a very well equiped hobbiest. Still have all my tools and shop supplies. I have been a lifetime car mechanic. Started fixing cars for money before I even had a drivers license. Huge Mopar fan forever... But, have to confess I also own a 70 Chevelle Malibu SS 396. My other toy.
    There are future plans to put an even bigger small block in this car. (DC Racing Roller Block) As money permits. But, I have always loved the , like the 440 and the Hemi. I even have a lot of 440 parts left around from my 72 Power Wagon Sled Puller.
    My daugher will be learning and co-driving this car. So, I wanted to start her off smaller until she gets her horsepower legs and hopefully doesn't wreck the car.
    Thanks,
    Mark

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    we'd love to see pics of your build...start a thread in the members builds section...

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah, ask away, but be prepared for some negative comments about MF stuff. Their reputation has been lacking for a long time. Some folks have said that their quality has improved and maybe it has, but be prepared for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk View Post
    Oh yeah, ask away, but be prepared for some negative comments about MF stuff. Their reputation has been lacking for a long time. Some folks have said that their quality has improved and maybe it has, but be prepared for it.
    Interesting. Well, they have been pretty good to me... But... there was a mixup on my front brake kit and it took a while to sort out. They don't give very good instructions. Weak at best. It's more like you figure it out. They are kind of hard to get on the phone. What's not to like...

Post Thanks / Like
    Read this. I started a thread about a weird not Dart white car and they let me continue to post.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/forum/sh...9617-Read-this...
    Eric Bremer
    Tomball TX 77375

1968 Dodge Dart 440 Big Block, Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads, Performer RPM intake, Holley 770 CFM Street Avenger, .541/.538 lift hydraulic roller cam, Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Roller Rockers..Crane Roller lifters..580 Final lift, MSD pro-billet distributor, MSD ignition, 355 Auburn Suregrip 8 3/4 rear end.

1977 Dodge Aspen R/T...318...4 speed tranny with 355 gears in a 8 1/4" rear.

7. Thanks 69dart416 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bremereric View Post
    Read this. I started a thread about a weird not Dart white car and they let me continue to post.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/forum/sh...9617-Read-this...
    Have been following your thread and build. Very nice work!
    Mark