Big Block Dart Forums banner

MY 1968 Dart with forged 6.1 Hemi and Kenne Bell

14K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Aves 
#1 ·
I'm building a street hot rod (street/strip car)68 Dodge dart. I have all the suspension complete (coil overs all the way around, 4 link, rack and pinion steering, built 727 manual reverse valve body, 9.5" converter, custom stainless 2" stepped headers, 325/50/15 Mt drag radials, 2005 truck ECU, 15 gal fuel cell with eliminator fuel pump, wilwoods on all 4 corners)

AJ supplied complete 6.1 from top to bottom
Dave Webber supplied 6.1 ported heads, 625 PAC springs, retainers, push rods, cometic .051 gaskets, custom 230/239 603 lift on a 113, forged drop in pistons with rings.
Edelbrock E-force supercharger running a 9-10 lbs

I have not been happier with AJ and Webber on this build.. Popeyes Hemi (Jeff) will help me do the pistons and cam next wk... I'm looking to have it tuned by mid April.. Not sure what it's gonna run nor do I really care.. I'm sure it will get in the low 10's possibly 9's if I can get the bugs worked out. Hoping to go hang out with u guys at some events and run the local test and tune.. and most importantly beat up on ujokin! lol

With 10lbs of boost I hope to be over the 625-650 rwhp range.. thoughts?
68 Dart
Gen 3 Hemi
Kenne Bell S/C 10lbs boost
Full weight
Tubular K fram , rack and pinion steering, coil overs
custom tri 4 link, 3.50 gears, ford 9", detroit locker, 325/50/25 MT drag radials
sub fram connectors, 8.50 molly cage..

If I get 9.80 I'd be super happy!

Jason

See less See more
#6 ·
That's one sick looking motor. 0/0

#9 ·
Got some work done today... Mocked up my new Dash with gauges, finished up the wiring under the dash, took out my fuel cell and painted the inside of the trunk, and installed all door panels, and arm rest... Oh and mocked up the 2" primary TTi headers which fit great.. a little close to the min starter but fit nice.

#10 ·
Long Long day yesterday... I finished up the steering.. I had to install a couple of flaming river u joints and some double D shafting.. looks real nice though. I installed the headers, finished up all wiring, completed my fuel system, installed TC bolts and transmission bolts, mounted alt., started the mock up on the TTi 3" X pipe exhaust... today we will finish up the exhaust, hard mount the supercharger, and finish up making the alumn shroud.

#13 ·
Lots of good work done today... i'm thinking I will be able to fire her up this wkend... started mocking up the heat exchanger and tranny cooler, hard mounted the supercharger, drilled CTP oil filler, changed some of the Kenne Bell fittings and hoses out with nice AN fittings and hose, cut a square in the front of my bumper for the inter cooler, put new springs on front, painted front calipers red to match rear, etc.. Still need to finish up X pipe back, run more hoses, mount remote oil filter, etc.

#15 ·
The curse of the big block Dartdoh.

Don't ya just love it? But it will all be worth it once it's finished and you get to drive the beast.

Awesome build. Good Luck.

BTW what are you gonna run for a fan, mechanical or electric? Looks like you have more room than I do with my RB in my 68.

codfish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.