dodge neon no fire
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: dodge neon no fire

Post Thanks / Like

dodge neon no fire

my 2000 dodge neon jumped time bent 6 valves we took head off sent to machine shop had head re done we also saw some wear on the cam and some of the rocker arms so we replaced the cam and the bad rockers now we have it back together with no fire u can turn it over none of the plugs fire sometimes when u turn the key off we notice a spark we replaced the cam sensor still no fire any one have any suggestions

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that thing should be obd2... Plug in a code reader and see if you have any codes.. It might help you to chase down your wiring issue!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you checked the fuses?
    I just want the front wheels to come up off the ground when I take off, is that too much to ask?

Post Thanks / Like
    Gee I thought the thread was "Neon ON fire,"

Check All your connections, make sure you have twelve volts going to the coils, look for crimped or frayed wires near the head, something may have come loose when you pulled the head off.

Best of Luck,

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Post Thanks / Like
    if it can't be fixed with a big friggin hammer..........it's an electrical problem..............

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you put an earlier camshaft in (95 to 98 i think!?) your cam sensor won't read it properly. just unplug the cam sensor and see if it cranks in limpin mode. I've seen this throw a lot of independent shops because it won't set a code! just something to try if you haven't already figured it out. MC