Lower Control Arms
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Lower Control Arms

Post Thanks / Like

Lower Control Arms

I'm trying to find out where to get the parts used to hold the lower control arms together after removing the torsion bars. I saw them in a photo from "Dave's Hemi Duster" on his web page. I'm going to try and attach the picture below. But, there is a bold, plate, and plastic slip washer, holding his arms together.
    Does anyone know where to get these part?
    Thanks,
    Mark

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Never seen that, but the reality is that unless the bushing goes completely south it won't come apart. Also, the only way that will do anything would be to have the bolt thread into the pin. The only way I'd trust the pin to be drilled on center would be on a mill or lathe. That also elimintaes the bushing from the rotational equation and allows the control arm to rotate on a surface that it was never intended to rotate on. I think I'd reinvent the whole lower control arm before that band-aid or go all the way to an AlterKtion...

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a pretty good observation. But, after installing new Hotchkis bushings with the lube they provide it seems like my arms want to slide right off the pin. During assembly of course. Once in place, like you said, they shouldn't be able to go far. Limited by the front strut... I have also added the Hotchkis adjustables struts along with the MF adjustable upper arms. Those struts will have a lot more movement then the solid rod. Since they have a heim pivot joint at the front where the bushing used to be.
    Attached Images

BBD LEGEND
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.mcmaster.com/# has all kinds of stuff. I ended up welding the 'adjuster socket' to the LCA and using a poly bushing. This way, it rotates on the bushing as intended. Then, I drilled and tapped the LCA pin on a lathe and used a shoulder bolt with a bronze bushing and thick steel washer. The small bronze bushings are cheap and really quick to replace if/when they wear out.
    66 Dart GT: BB project. Shooting for high 10's
    66 Barracuda: Weekend cruiser