My New Dart Sport
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: My New Dart Sport

Post Thanks / Like

My New Dart Sport

I just picked this up last week. '74 Dart Sport, 318 auto. It has a bunch of goodies in it. For the most part I'm just going to leave it alone and drive it for a while.

Ted
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    I would to. Especially if it has cold A/C.
    Eric Bremer
    Tomball TX 77375

1968 Dodge Dart 440 Big Block, Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads, Performer RPM intake, Holley 770 CFM Street Avenger, .541/.538 lift hydraulic roller cam, Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Roller Rockers..Crane Roller lifters..580 Final lift, MSD pro-billet distributor, MSD ignition, 355 Auburn Suregrip 8 3/4 rear end.

1977 Dodge Aspen R/T...318...4 speed tranny with 355 gears in a 8 1/4" rear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go!
    That thing looks super clean!
    '71 Duster - 470" low deck, tunnel ram with 2 600 Holley's, 727 with 3200 Turbo Action converter, narrowed and back-braced 8-3/4 with 3.91 sure grip, mini-tubbed with 325-50-15 Nitto's.

Post Thanks / Like
    thats got to be a challange after seeing all the hot rods on this site! bbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggg block dart or duster.com.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good lookin find. Lots of potential what ever way you chose to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I grabbed this just to cure my itch for a while because my BIG BLOCK Demon will not be done for at least another 2 years.
    I have a ton of ideas I'd like to do to this but for now I'm just going to give it the TLC that it needs and drive it for the summer.
    Ted
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Well since you already have your I'd go with a stroked 360, upgrade the suspension, and just leve the rest alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    con grats on that good look´in car.. i got one that vas red w/wite vinyl , sun roof, black buckets and console , folding rear seat and 318 cid . what options does youre have ??

Post Thanks / Like
    This was a California car. Pretty plain Jane. was originaly a 6 cyl a/c car but now all that is gone. I'm ok with no a/c. Dont really need it too much here in WI.
    Right now I'm re-doing a bunch of stuff that previuos owners neglected like MAKING THE WIPERS OPPERATE!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That car looks great just the way it is. I for one am glad you are driving it, as I know too well what happens when you tear into it. One thing leads to another and a few years later you are wondering if it is still worth all of the work and fuss. Drive on brother!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice find!

I wish my '70 Dart would have been that nice to start with!
    cesarbee440

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I finally got the Dart registered on Friday and took it out for a spin last night. Went to the local Dairy Queen for their cruise night. It ran pretty good, but as we all know there are always things to change/tweek/adjust ect.

Ted

Post Thanks / Like
    I pulled the 318 out a few weeks ago to freshen it up and found the block was cracked. So now it's time for a 408" kit.
    And so it begins.

Ted

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah yes, the 'might as well' scenario.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well as we all knew it would happen, this thing really snowballed. What started as just a quick rebuild turned into allmost a full resto.
    So far I've replaced the drivers side floor pan, installed new carpets, & had the front bench seat recovered.
    I found an A body 8-3/4 housing and axles so I rebuilt the 489 case with 3.55's that I had and put that in. I set it in 1/2" towards the rear so I could run a 29" tire. But before I put the rear in I scraped the entire chassis and painted it with Rust Bullit and then with their chassis black. I had to do it with a brush but it came out pretty nice.
    Then I started on the engine compartment. I guess a battery exploded in there at one time so I sanded the entire engine bay down to bare metal. I was able to match the color pretty well.
    My short block is assembled and I'm just waiting on my buddy to do the finish valve job on my heads. Then I can finish off the engine and get it in the car.
    This is just the Readers Digest version of what I've done so far. I'm hoping to have it up and running in about a month or so. I'll try to post some pictures soon.

Ted