Big Block Dart Forums banner

My New Dart Sport

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  DusTed74 
#1 ·
I just picked this up last week. '74 Dart Sport, 318 auto. It has a bunch of goodies in it. For the most part I'm just going to leave it alone and drive it for a while.

Ted

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I would to. Especially if it has cold A/C.

#6 ·
Well I grabbed this just to cure my itch for a while because my BIG BLOCK Demon will not be done for at least another 2 years.
I have a ton of ideas I'd like to do to this but for now I'm just going to give it the TLC that it needs and drive it for the summer.
Ted

Attachments

#9 ·
This was a California car. Pretty plain Jane. was originaly a 6 cyl a/c car but now all that is gone. I'm ok with no a/c. Dont really need it too much here in WI.
Right now I'm re-doing a bunch of stuff that previuos owners neglected like MAKING THE WIPERS OPPERATE!!!!

#15 ·
Well as we all knew it would happen, this thing really snowballed. What started as just a quick rebuild turned into allmost a full resto.
So far I've replaced the drivers side floor pan, installed new carpets, & had the front bench seat recovered.
I found an A body 8-3/4 housing and axles so I rebuilt the 489 case with 3.55's that I had and put that in. I set it in 1/2" towards the rear so I could run a 29" tire. But before I put the rear in I scraped the entire chassis and painted it with Rust Bullit and then with their chassis black. I had to do it with a brush but it came out pretty nice.
Then I started on the engine compartment. I guess a battery exploded in there at one time so I sanded the entire engine bay down to bare metal. I was able to match the color pretty well.
My short block is assembled and I'm just waiting on my buddy to do the finish valve job on my heads. Then I can finish off the engine and get it in the car.
This is just the Readers Digest version of what I've done so far. I'm hoping to have it up and running in about a month or so. I'll try to post some pictures soon.

Ted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.