Big Block Dart Forums banner

Flexiible Trans Cooler Lines from Jegs...

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  jockeyshift 
#1 ·
Jegs had some flexible cooler lines for Chevy, I asked them if they had the fittings for Chrysler. He said he could whip up some fittings for me to use but I would need to put them together. Anyone ever use flexible trans cooler lines? Sounds like a great idea to me!!

#3 ·
How far from heat?

Hey Famous Bob,

I was just wondering how far because they are pretty dang close to the header where they run now. I have those long style headers and they are maybe 8" away from the lines max. Do they have rubber inside the SS casing?

I could run them along and secure them to the oil pan bolts that would be the furthest I could reasonably get them away from the headers, but the block gets hot too. ugh.

They make a heat shielding material, looks like aluminum foil. I could wrap them in that if securing them to the pan would be insufficient, and then secure them to the oil pan.

Thanks for the help!
Bob

#4 ·
cooler lines

Hey Famous Bob,

I was just wondering how far because they are pretty dang close to the header where they run now. I have those long style headers and they are maybe 8" away from the lines max. Do they have rubber inside the SS casing?

I could run them along and secure them to the oil pan bolts that would be the furthest I could reasonably get them away from the headers, but the block gets hot too. ugh.

They make a heat shielding material, looks like aluminum foil. I could wrap them in that if securing them to the pan would be insufficient, and then secure them to the oil pan.

Thanks for the help!
Bob
I insulated the lines (double) where they cross the headers,went staight out to the frame rail
and ran between the frame and brake lines, then under the lip of the frame to the rad. and cooler that`s in front of it. headers are also wrapped. there is only a couple of inches between them. never had a problem, as long as there is air clearance.--------bob

#5 ·
Wow...

That's a lot of wrapping : )

I think I am gonna try getting the steel lines and see if I can get them in there "Before" I take out the old ones. If I can get them in there then I think I will use the steel lines. I think if I loosen the header I should be able to get them in. Big Maybe though.

I do appreciate you explaining how to do the flex lines because I hadn't thought of them needing to be away from the header heat. I probably would have figured it out once I saw the rubber on the inside when I got them, but you saved me some money and time not ordering them.

If I can't get the steel ones in I will have to go flex and now I know how to do it! Thanks...
Bob

#6 ·
trans lines

That's a lot of wrapping : )

I think I am gonna try getting the steel lines and see if I can get them in there "Before" I take out the old ones. If I can get them in there then I think I will use the steel lines. I think if I loosen the header I should be able to get them in. Big Maybe though.

I do appreciate you explaining how to do the flex lines because I hadn't thought of them needing to be away from the header heat. I probably would have figured it out once I saw the rubber on the inside when I got them, but you saved me some money and time not ordering them.

If I can't get the steel ones in I will have to go flex and now I know how to do it! Thanks...
Bob
this is what i use on my lines and shift cables <sum 350116>.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.