Multi Drivetrain Questions
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Multi Drivetrain Questions

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

Multi Drivetrain Questions

I have a 1971 Scamp and fairly new to the classic car stuff. I'm going to be switching the /6 set up for a V8 big block. Currently I have a 383, a833, and a 1967 B body 8.75 rear end (with no brakes), all in need of rebuilding but sound. Unfortunately I'm having major issues finding a true A-body rear up here in Ontario Canada . My questions are:

1) will a 14x7 rim with 4.5 backspacing and 235 / 60R14 tires fit without cutting the housing down and rolling the quarter lip? (Seeing lots of mixed comments on this subject)
    2) what size drive shaft is required?
    3) what size of rear brakes should I go with?

Thanks everyone

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    65 to IIRC 67 or 68 B body rears are narrowest Bs made.Almost the same as A body.The trans needs to be an A body as they are shorter than B bodys.DS could probally be made but shifter would probally be wrong as would trans mount.Wheels I have no idea but you could measure.Rocky
    Harleys and Mopars.If god made better he kept it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot to add 11 inch brakes are probally best but 10s will work and probally cheaper.Might want to convert to discs on frts.that way all large bolt pattern.rocky
    Harleys and Mopars.If god made better he kept it.