How times change
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: How times change

Post Thanks / Like

How times change

I bought my car when i was 40yrs old now I`m 53 and finally the planets have aligned and I should be finished with my car within a year. So here the problem the car I started building was a fat back skinny front tire car that would go as fast as i could get it to go with a factory 4 speed in a straight line with no regard for comfort or drive ability but times change. If i could start from scratch it would be a different car but at this point its to late to change it it would set me back to much to too make this many changes to the car. Luckily a car is never done and in time I will make the changes to the car that I want

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean. Im getting ready to replace the tired old 440 in mine with a 360 LA motor, ditch the 4.10's and make it a street cruiser vs wannabe rookie racer.

a pity the cars dont change direction as easily as ourselves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you really ever done with them ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Been through the cycle many times. Get a car running good as a cruiser, decide it needs more power, keep modifying it until it is just about unstreetable and then wish you had a cruiser again. You get one and then it starts over again. At least this time I have a good mix of streetability and power, and not wanting to put a roll cage in the car has kept me from taking it too far. Still now and again I think about something I could drive to Carlisle comfortably and not go broke on gas. (an 8 hour drive for us).