New to All -Tire QuestionsAnd Wheel and Tire Combo's
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New to All -Tire QuestionsAnd Wheel and Tire Combo's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to All -Tire QuestionsAnd Wheel and Tire Combo's

MT 325 / 50 / 15's on 15" x 10" wheels with 7.25" backspacing on a standard width A body rear end will give you 3/4" side clearance. I missed the backspacing by 1/4" therfore I have a strong 1/2" on the outside and a weak 1" on the inside. This is also with Ford Explorer disk brakes.

Tom I want to keep my axle stock also and have been wondering about this .Are you saying that you ordered yours 7" and they should have been 7.25" or that you ordered 7.25" and 7.5" would have given you 3/4" on each side.
    Thanks

Blair

C:\Documents and Settings\Blair Cook\Desktop\ROCKFISH\The Big Block Scamp 105.jpg

Who talked me into this Big Block Dart thing any way I know who you are !

Some of the dumbest people I know.......know everything .........Funny about that!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG

MT 325 / 50 / 15's on 15" x 10" wheels with 7.25" backspacing on a standard width A body rear end will give you 3/4" side clearance. I missed the backspacing by 1/4" therfore I have a strong 1/2" on the outside and a weak 1" on the inside. This is also with Ford Explorer disk brakes.

Tom I want to keep my axle stock also and have been wondering about this .Are you saying that you ordered yours 7" and they should have been 7.25" or that you ordered 7.25" and 7.5" would have given you 3/4" on each side.
    Thanks

Blair

I ordered mine 7.5 inch backspace and I should have ordered 7.25. It will still be O.K.
    Also, My backspace is for a big late Ford disk brake set up with 2.5" axle flange spacing. A drum will be a little different.

The 13.5" wide M/T actually measures no more than 13.3" with weight on it.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking at those new American Racing Vectors for when I finally get my project on the go
    front:
    15 x 7 with 4 inch backspacing and +6mm offset

rear:
    15x 8.5 with 5 inch backspacing and +6mm offset

will these fit? biggest tire I can run?
    -01 Suzuki Volusia VS800L.
    -68 Dodge Dart GT 6cyl auto buckets console work in progress
    -80 Dodge Ramcharger 360 auto 4x4 poptop
    -95 Acura Integra 4 door ministock racecar

Miami340Duster

go to www.tirerack.com and they have a chart that gives you the measurement of tire/wheel combo's that fit each particular car and also keep in mind that if your car is not shown useyour imagination....ie...66 dart may not be illustrated but a 74 dart just might be....I dont know that they are too much different for a wheel tire combo....Also, I believe that they also have a chart that says like if you mount a 215-60-15 tire on a 15x8 wheel with this much offset your tire wil be ___ inches tall...pretty good application./.....

Post Thanks / Like

245/3518 8.5 rim slight trim on outside lip because its low 275/3518 on 8.5 rim back because its low i have a finger clearence on either side with sligtly massaged inner wells ladder bars no tubing

[attachment deleted by admin]

Post Thanks / Like

Heres mine 67 Dart ..mini tubbed ,,,springs relocated..stretched wheel opening...opening lip removed replaced with steel rod..Wheels Centerline 15 inch / 10 inch wide / 5 inch back space...tires Hoosier 29x15x12...room to go bigger yet .
    Maynard

1967 Dart GTS(orginial owner)* First "A" body orginal 2005 Mopar Nats / 2nd "A" body orginal 2009 Mopar Nats.*
    "No Fate But What We Make" (Sara Conner--Terminator)*
    WebMaster www.dartstechsite.com

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got my rear wheels on the 70 dart today . They fit-------barely.

weld pro stars 15 x 8 w/ 4.5" backspace

MT --ET street 28x 11.5x 15 tires

stock location leafs

outer quarter lip is rolled in.

wheels tubs moved in 2 inches .

I have 1/2" clearance at the tire/ leafs and about 1/2" at the tire / quarter lip .

these would NOT have fit without rolling in that quarter lip.
    493 /eddy rpm's / 93 pump gas - 1.41 / 6.46 at 105.8

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody use 315/60-15's on a Dart with minitubs and relocated springs? I know they will fit in a Duster but am unsure if they will fit in my Dart.
    15x10" rim with 7 1/2 backspacing
    512", Stealth heads, RPM intake, 850 Mighty Demon, 1 7/8" Hookers, MSD ignition, 242/248 @.050 Roller, Hemi 4-speed, 8 3/4 with 3.91 SG, Magnaflow 3" exhaust

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HAGENBEASLEY
    TOM YOUR CAR LOOKS GREAT,HOPE YOUR GOOD ON THOSE MEASUREMENTS BECAUSE IM DOING THE SAME SET UP AND IM GOING OFF YOUR SIZES FOR MY BUILD ,ILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES
    To state the obvious, get the rear under the car with the brakes before ordering the wheels. 1/4" off on the backspacing is a big deal. After you trinm the lip and go for the body side of the wheel well seam removal, run a /045" grinder along the seam and it almost lays back by itself.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mopowers
    do they even make 255/70/15s?* I wonder what the dimensions would be.
    yes this is what i have on the back of my 69 for street duty. if i remember correctly, they are 29x10 on a 7" rim. just barely fit for hirght.

Post Thanks / Like

Hagenbeasley
    WELCOME A BOARD
    * SO I MAY NEED A LITTLE HELP NOW AND THEN. ANYWAYS I HAVE A COUPLE OF MOPARS* AND I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE MY TIRE AND WHEEL INFO WITH YOU ,FOR ANYONE THAT IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE AGE OLD QUESTION* OF HOW WIDE OF TIRE CAN I RUN ON MY CAR. THIS CAR HAPPENS TO BE A , 72 SCAMP W / A 318. ANYWAYS ON THIS CAR I HAVE TORQ - THRUST II WHEELS I WAS ABLE TO RUN A
    16 X 8 REAR WHEEL WITH 4.88 B.S. AND +10 MM OFFSET WITH 245/50/16 ON THE REAR WITHOUT ANY MODS TO THE REAR AT ALL . THE TIRE DIA. IS 25.9 ...
    WITH A SEC WIDTH OF 10.3,WHEN MOUNTED UP AND SITTING ON THE GROUND.* *I TRIED ABOUT SIX DIFFERNT TIRE / WHEEL COMBOS W/DIFFERENT BACK SPACING AND THIS IS THE WIDEST YOU CAN FIT WITH THIS BACK SPACING ,AND NO I DID NOT HAVE TO ROLL OR CUT THE OUTSIDE LIP AND THEY DO NOT RUB ,EVEN IN A CORNER.
    NOW UP FRONT WELL YOU HAVE ALOT OF CHOICES ,I RUN A TORQ - THRUST II* 15 X 6 WITH 3.38 B.S. AND - 2 MM OFFSET WITH 195/55/15 ON THE FRONT. HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE OUT . I DONT SEE MANY SCAMPS ON THIS SITE ,AM I LOKING IN THE WRONG PLACE ? OR IS THERE MORE SCAMP OWNERS OUT THERE?

* * * * * any pics of your car on the ground with your wheels on it?

Rynos69

I have weld wheel rims and Hoosier Quik Time Pro 26x9.50 15LT out back and Mickey T's
    sportsman 26x7.50 15LT on the front. Thats the biggest I could fit.

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

295/50/15 on my 74 challenger fit with minor adjustments to the inner fenderwell lips.

I miss my challenger

BBD LEGEND
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Weld Draglites 15x6 w/3.5 bs on front with 215/60r15 and 15x8 w/4.5bs or rears with 265/50r15. Bareley fit on a 68 dart, but I know you can go 275/60 on the Dusters & Demons.
    440 Trading Post <br /> <br /><br />

Post Thanks / Like

New topic for me......just curious.......why are some pictures deleted by admin? I just want to know what the restrictions are so I don't post any "no no's" Is it because these pics are copy writed?
    Jim
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

Post Thanks / Like

11.75 disks with b body calipers

front rims- i have 15x7 standard Chrysler steel wheels off a 80s new yorker- 4.25 backspacing, no rubbing at all on suspension

front tires- i have a Yokohama 235/60r15 and they are an amazing tires and grip ALOT better than bfg traction t/as plus do very well in the rain as well- they wont fit on the front of a duster without modification because they hit the backside of the wheelwell but they will fit a dart easily because the wheelwell gos down at an angle not like the duster that curve around, a dart will fit 235s, 245s for sure and maybe even a 255- this is in the front

rears yet to come
    72 duster, getting a 512, looking for a 67-69 cuda to put it in instead

Post Thanks / Like

heres what i did i have a 69 dart with stock width 8 3/4. i have 275/60r/15 nitto drag radials on custom made 15x8 cragar ss with 5" backspacing. the car has custom made brackets for the leafsprings to move them 3/4" over against the frame. the wheel well lip is trimmed and inside of the quarter theres a bump wich i carfully pushed out with a jack without recking the paint(crushed the bump just enough). with that tire and 5" backspacing is the only way i could se it fitting i have barely 1/2" maybe on both side maybe a 1/4. the car did rub untill i added a few leaves to my jcwhitney springs. it sits great now. hope this helps and remember dart and barracudas and dusters, ETC are different when it comes to this. ill try to send pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Front: '67 Dart with Diplomat disc brake setup
    Weld Prostar 15x5", 3.5" BS, tire: BF Goodrich Traction TA 205/70/15 (26.3" tall)

Post Thanks / Like

PIc of 315-60R15 MT drag radials on my duster. I would say this is probably about the biggest you can run in the MT line with a mini-tub. Had to section the front of the quarter and inside of the rocker

1971 Duster 6.1 hemi viper 6 speed

Post Thanks / Like

I finally have almost finished my mini-tub/spring relocation/brakes/tires and wheels project.* I'm going to lower the rear end from what is shown in the picture.* The tires are 245/35-18 front and 305/25-20 back.* I have the SVT big brake kit from Doctor Diff with the 13" rotors front and 11" rotors rear

The wheels are Konig 20X10 50mm offset back, 18X8.5 front 35mm offset.* They are off-the-shelf so I didn't break the bank (completely).

bbd pic
    John - St. Louis - '68 Vert, Driver, 440 w/EZ Heads, SVT Brakes, 245/35-18 Front, 335/30-20 Rear