Which Cam....MP .528 or SSH-44 ?
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Which Cam....MP .528 or SSH-44 ?

Post Thanks / Like

Which Cam....MP .528 or SSH-44 ?

I think Im going to run stock HP exhaust manifolds (b-body) and was curious on which cam would be better? Motor is 440=.030, ported and polished 915s, true 10.1 comp, 4 speed with multiple gear choices. I read an article that said the 528 works well with stock exhaust....but the Racer Brown SSH-44 sounds so sweet! I also have1.5 and 1.6 rockers. Any input would help* * ***(*)

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Cam....MP .528 or SSH-44 ?

Use the 528, it's got a ton of bottom end torque. The '44 would be a dog with the exhaust manifolds and it likes lots of compression, gear, and stall. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Would you be better off with something with more exhaust duration than intake to make up for the manifolds?

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

Andy Finkenbinder did a series of articles using his street car as a test mule. His motor used the stock cast iron manifolds. One of the best cams he tested was the MP 528 solid. He tryed some custom cams and some 'modern' grind cams and the 528 was usually better with his combination. He goes by Andy F. on Moparts, drop him a PM. Dave