Big Block Dart Forums banner

Howdy from San Jose

7K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Gospel Runner 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm building a 73 swinger, it's a v8 car, and hasn't run in four years. I have had a few a bodies among others and this build is gonna be the one. Right now its a typical 318/904/7 1/4 car. Last time I had a 7 1/4 I built a sturdy Lil 318 with an isky Mega 270 and some kb's and that thing chewed the teeth up on the spider gears and cracked the ring gear. I still have a cup full o teeth from that diff, ha! Anyways. I learned what not to do. So this time I intend to purchase a few things from 440 source, shoemaker, and moser to name a few and we'll just see how it goes. I want to back half it, that will be one of the first big projects.

#2 ·
Welcome aboard.

#7 · (Edited)
Well, I plan to run the 1970 318 I have while I build a 500 wedge. I have a couple 318's laying around, why do you need one? I am gonna find a cool little cam like a 270 Mega or a 280/474 purple to stick in this one I'm keeping,and with some small chamber heads it should be fun enough til the big one is done. Hey, feel free to give me a call if you need a 318, I sure ain't trippin bro I'll swap for parts or something no worries. Pm me for my #. And if anyone has a good cam for my la block please let me know!

#8 ·
i do in fact need a 318, im looking for one for mock up, not necessarily to use as an engine to put in my car... what do you have? complete long block is what i need. what years do you have? what are you asking for them? not sure what I have to trade...whatcha lookin for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.