Laminar Air Flow at Radiator - Chin Spoiler
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Laminar Air Flow at Radiator - Chin Spoiler

Post Thanks / Like

Laminar Air Flow at Radiator - Chin Spoiler

I was looking at maximizing the Air Flow across my Radiator and saw this product made for Camaros:

http://techafx.com/products/product_...products_id=32

It's your basic chin spoiler. It increases laminar air flow at the Radiator by re-directing bottom air up towards the Rad, and at the same time decreases the ammount of turbulent air underneath the car..

I was wondering if anyone makes one specific for Darts and /or if anyone here has ever fabbed / installed one of these animals on their BB-D.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm wasnt there an "AAR" duster concept built and shown in mopar collectors guide a few years back with one?I recall i looked pretty col but may not have been functional really.

Post Thanks / Like
    The process of making something like that work for a car that has the lowest front end point being the bottom of the bumper would be difficult (at least making it look like an air dam would be), BUT any 2-3" dam attached to the bottom of the rad support should accomplish this. You would have to experiment with angles to provide the best results.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk View Post
    The process of making something like that work for a car that has the lowest front end point being the bottom of the bumper would be difficult (at least making it look like an air dam would be), BUT any 2-3" dam attached to the bottom of the rad support should accomplish this. You would have to experiment with angles to provide the best results.
    My 92 Camaro RS has an internal Air Dam much as this....I guess that I could mimic its angle of attack to airflow and see if it flies...

Now I just gotta figure out what material to use...

Maybe some Heavy Gauge Rubber matting material, so that it won't break on contact when negotiating over speed-bumps and high angle driveways

Post Thanks / Like
    Or a hinged dam that is connected to a speed sensor. Above 35mph (or so) the air dam lowers into place, below that it's tucked up.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Post Thanks / Like
    look for a replacement air dam for a dodge ram. its a very stiff rubber material that could easily be crafted into such a dam. while some of the airflow is directed into the radiator by deflection, I suspect a major portion of the added cooling effect is caused by creating a negative pressure area behind the air damn, effectively pulling air thru the radiator better, while any air hitting the front would be more for generation of downforce on the front of the car.

just a thought

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss mustangs used a chin spoiler and in the chassis book they also tell you to basically box in the area between the grill and the core support to funnel air from the grill to the radiator.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    YES..!!

Thank You..!

This one is specifically designed for 67 - 69 Darts -

Last edited by guzzimike; 04-05-2010 at 08:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abodyjoe View Post

I have one for my '70 Dart...

-Michael
    SuperBeast

An enforcer for the Mopar Mafia! ̿ '̿'̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sycboi View Post
    I have one for my '70 Dart...

-Michael
    Michael, does it work at lowering engine temps..?

Post Thanks / Like
    As soon as I actually get to drive it I will let you know. I did put one on my old Firebird and it did work to lower temps some...

-Michael
    SuperBeast

An enforcer for the Mopar Mafia! ̿ '̿'̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿

BBD LEGEND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, that flat air dam thing on your Camaro is VERY important. It keeps hot air that's already been through the radiator from going back under and through the radiator again at low speeds. I put that on everything I build. I would use one even with that cool chin spoiler.
    I used to make them out of a roll of used conveyor belt I had picked up someplace. I seem to have lost it in the move, but I'm sure if you walked around a junkyard, you could locate one off a car.
    It takes a Mopar to catch a Mopar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mopar used to sell front and rear spoilers for Dusters, Demons,and Dart Sports. As far as function ( I had them both on my Dart Sport ),the front one didnt do any thing that I could tell. The back one did make the car squat down a couple of inches over 100mph. The rear spoiler looked like an over grown 69 Z-28 duck tail. Now back to the front air dam,dont laugh but I have a 92 Mazda Miata with an air dam. And it works. At highway speeds ( and above ) the car is more stable,a lot more. Another thing is gas mileage. It went 28.5 to 32 mpg. The cooling thing, I havent see any change. There,thats all I know about spoilers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I Have One Of Randys On My 72 440 Duster, Very Well Made And Looks Great. The Car Never Reached More Than 190 Degrees.

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sharp Duster! Did you fabricate that shaker hood setup or is there such an aftermarket thing out there for the A body?

Quote Originally Posted by moparwedden View Post
    I Have One Of Randys On My 72 440 Duster, Very Well Made And Looks Great. The Car Never Reached More Than 190 Degrees.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by moparwedden View Post
    I Have One Of Randys On My 72 440 Duster, Very Well Made And Looks Great. The Car Never Reached More Than 190 Degrees
    Thank You, one and all...

I contacted Randy to order a spoiler for my Dart...

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    laminar work on the pressure of air. It remove virus of micro organism from the work place which can change the form of the research samples. its very useful equipment at the research lab and hospitals where bacteria and virus moves all time.

Post Thanks / Like
    are you sure you're in the right place?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a link to how I did an air dam on my 67 Vert.

https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...ost-1969871218

Herb
    Hidden Content
    *****My 67 GT Convertible****340 mope's 67 Race Dart*****My 67 270 Hardtop****

1967 Dart 270 2 Door Hardtop Charger 273 4bbl, 4 Speed, 3.91 SureGrip,(Original Owner) delivered on 5/3/1967

1967 Dart GT Convertible "Home-Brewed" EFI, 512 cu.in., reverse manual 727 auto, bought on 7/4/1998

Hidden Content