Big Block Dart Forums banner

Spitfire headder avalibility......

53K views 73 replies 21 participants last post by  junkmanhwy666 
#1 ·
took this from www.forabodiesonly.com   figured some of you guys would be interested...

11-06-2006, 12:16 AM

Hello,
I just received 2 sets of Spitfires from Harold for my 64, and for my 66 Darts. They are designed to work with a manual steering box.

Harold wanted me to let you know that he has a set ready to go, you simply need to call or e-mail him, and make the arrangements.

He is selling them for $225 COD. You can reach him at 1-479-650-9989. You can also e-mail him at sptfirehdrs01@cox.net. He is up and running in production mode, so if Spitfires would work for you, give him a call!

Hopefully this is helpful to you looking for headers for our early A's.

Thanks,
Clint S
Los Angeles

G
#60 ·
If you are going to order the Spitfires, make sure you tell him if its for an early A or not. The tube fitment on the drivers side of the Early A is a tighter bend, than the later A drivers side. The passenger sides are the same. This came right from Harold this week.

#64 ·
Talked to Harold today.The headers I saked him for 2 weeks ago are being shipped this friday. nanr He said he had 4 more sets of early A body ready if anyone needs them. tossmoney
My feeling is they are hrad to beat on a early car for the money. I am pleased you can put them in just by jacking the engine alittle. dstrmtrinstall Not a bad thing to keep on the shelf.

#67 ·
I also ordered a set of his headers back about the first of February. All I have received so far is silence after almost 8 weeks. Harold told me he would have a tracking number to me by the following Friday and to not send any money until I got the number. He said we could avoid COD fee's that way. I would like Junkman to keep us informed if he would.
Bob

#73 ·
early A fit with big bellhousing

I'm wondering if these headers would be a better fit in my '66 Valiant with 318 and overdrive A833 with 10.5" overdrive bellhousing and long fork. I currently have stock manifolds and on the driver's side had to run a 1-3/4" pipe between the torsion and the frame rail since there was no where else it would fit. The stock rear facing outlet on the driver's side exhaust manifold does not work out too well with the big bellhousing since, I believe, the fork in now in the same place where the exhaust would run. I got it running and driving but do not like the little clearance I have between the frame rail and the pipe and the torsion bar and the pipe. I'm wondering if the typical '67-76 dr. side exhaust manifold would work better in my car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.