My demon Build 10 years and waiting
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: My demon Build 10 years and waiting

Post Thanks / Like

My demon Build 10 years and waiting

This car has been out of action to long.It is set up with a 4 link and dana 60 29.5x10.5w tire stretched qrts 3" tubbed to the frame rails.Using aftermarket tubs to fit the tire height and set the car low.Picked up a tubing bender a couple of weeks ago to do the chassis work.The 4130 tubing will be here next weekend.Just have to finish up some other guys projects to get back at it.The motor and trans still up in the air?It will be an rb motor for sure.It's still a long road ahead,but it will be a wild ride in the end!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    thats gonna make a nice hot rod!!
    68 GTS Dart 10.30 @ 131.5 mph 3780# pump gas street car!!
    69 Roadrunner 440 6BBL 11.69 @ 115 only time to the track spinning..
    Hidden Content

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks real good..nice ride to be.
    Mopar or no carHidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    better get wrenchin'!
    Mopars, AMCs, and a pile of 65 Satellite

You're all worthless and weak; now drop and give me twenty!

Post Thanks / Like
    Get after it already.....it's thawing everywhere...already lots of pine tree pollen around here...bad time for painting outside...
    Eric Bremer
    Tomball TX 77375

1968 Dodge Dart 440 Big Block, Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads, Performer RPM intake, Holley 770 CFM Street Avenger, .541/.538 lift hydraulic roller cam, Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Roller Rockers..Crane Roller lifters..580 Final lift, MSD pro-billet distributor, MSD ignition, 355 Auburn Suregrip 8 3/4 rear end.

Hidden Content

1977 Dodge Aspen R/T...318...4 speed tranny with 355 gears in a 8 1/4" rear.

Post Thanks / Like
    There will be no painting outside,hell I can,t make up my mind what color I want.572 rb seems to be my focus on motor.I'm oldschool with high cr,multi carb setup,nasty cam profiles.I might go the way of e-85,I kinda of taken a liking to that stuff.I just wish they eliminate the other 15% so I can drink it!!!The chassis will be 25.5spec,this will be interesting with me being 6'6'" and fitting comfortablyMy goal is complete rolling chassis this year.Trans is my biggest hickup,I am a 4speeder all the way.A reliability and ease on parts are not combined well with stick cars.They are fun thow.I don't build a bad 727 either,its no fun though.

Post Thanks / Like
    That car is going to be nice when you get it all together! 10 years is a long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wicked looking car. I will be watching this build, I love it. If you're going E-85, contact Eric at Horsepower Innovations, www.horsepowerinnovations.com. He is the man, when it comes to E-85 setups. He can fix you up with a carb. and answer any question you have.

Just a thought, With a 572 RB engine, I would go with a Steve Morris twin F2 ProCharged 572, should give you over 2500hp with E-85.
    Rick,
    73 Dart Sport, 512, 727, 8 3/4.

Hidden Content
    LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY. BUT RATHER TO SLIDE IN SIDEWAYS, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY SCREAMING: WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My buddy used SMRE for his rear turbo build on butt-turbo.I have been looking into doing a turbo gen3 hemi for another car.This will be an oldschool build as for the motor.What I concider streetable and what other people concider streetable are way diffrent.The weather is starting to turn in our favor here(Ihope)and I am getting anxiuos to play.I got about a month or so before I can even touch it.2 other builds in front of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just remember Steve is not associated with SMRE in any way. To get a true Steve Morris engine you should contact:

www.stevemorrisengines.com
    Rick,

Hidden Content
    LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY. BUT RATHER TO SLIDE IN SIDEWAYS, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY SCREAMING: WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparpoor View Post
    This will be an oldschool build as for the motor.What I concider streetable and what other people concider streetable are way diffrent.
    I know what you are saying. Here's a small vid of some of my friends with their "street" cars, going for a cruise.

Rick,

Hidden Content

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my shipment of tubing today for the demon and some for the 72 charger I'm working on.Also a pick of the rear wheel and tire combo the front will be the black anodized version.The day ended up with my 64 dodge with blown out freeze plugs,I guess its really to hard for some people to turn a radiator petcock.I guess I should pick my friends a little better...
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I have those same rims on my 71 Demon.
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats kind of what my car looked like for a couple of years but purple.The car was plumb crazy 438 maxwedge 13.1cr old isky hard face cam M1 intake demon 850 430 gear 3800 stall 727 fenderwell headers 27.5x10.5 mickeys.It was squirly as hell but alot of fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have fun building, then enjoy the fun.
    Broke the still and I'm still broke

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a QA1 double adjust rear shock and spring set up today for the demon.Nice stuff it came with all hardware and crossmember.Another mopar buddy and I got the same exact setup.
    Attached Images