Big Block Dart Forums banner

Big Block Dart Ride of the Month Winners

206K views 53 replies 20 participants last post by  Viarrah 
#1 · (Edited)
July 2011 winner is Deepocket's 1969 Dart....

Deepocket's Story
Wow! Short will be tough, but here goes. i bought the car totally stock with a 273ci engine. I never test drove it or had him start it. I payed him $20.00 to drive it to the shop. I bought it to race and retire it to street when I get older. I liked the body style of the 67 to 69 dart is what made me buy this car. It was in nice shape to start with. I did all the work myself including the roll bar, all the engine and trans and rear suspension as i've been involved in high performance cars all my life. the only thing I didn't do was paint the car. It came out better than expected and that drew the guys at car craft in to put it on the cover of January 2011 issue and a 6 page featured add. The car now runs a best of 5.92 @ 115 mph in the 1/8th mile. That equates to 9.40 quarter times. the new engine is a all aluminum 528ci. Thats about as short as i can do even that there's so much more.

http://www.carcraft.com/featuredvehi...r/viewall.html

See less See more
#33 ·
November's Ride of the Month for 2012

Codfish's MM1 Dart

#34 · (Edited)
Thanks to everyone who voted for both cars and to Eric for doing this. It's an honour to compete against 72BBSwinger's swinger.

Well I guess I have to do a little write-up. Here goes.

I bought the car in 2001 after selling my then favorite ride, a 70 Nova SS. I bought the car from a fellow who had all the intentions of restoring it, but life got in the way as it often does.

When I got it, it was all original except for the warmed over 360 which the previous owner swapped in to replace the original 273. Car had a stock 904 and a 7 1/4 rear with 2.91 gears.

I stripped the interior and exterior, removed the vinyl top, and had a little metal work done. Then had it painted MM1 Turbine Bronze. Looks alot better than the original Gold Poly. While it was being painted, the 904 was beefed up and a 8 3/4 rear with 4.57 gears was found. Also recovered the seats, added new carpet, found a very nice dash pad which UPS crushed #$&@#!!@@*&!!!!:banghead. Bumpers were rechromed, steel wheels and dog dish caps were added, etc...

Car was built with street driving a priority,and some strip action as well. 8.4 seconds in the 1/8th first time out. Slowly got that down to a flat 8 after a while.

Then things gets a little foggy.

Out comes the sawzall and the welder. Minitubbed it. Hung a Dana 60 with 3.73s under it. Subframe connectors. A stout manually shifted 727 with CRT internals and a 3800 PTC convertor behind a stroked RB is fitted next. It now runs 11 flat at 121 in the 1/4. Still very streetable, which is good. Racing is pretty much over as I need a cage before they let me back in, and I do not want a cage in the car. Oh well. Got my time slip anyhow I guess.

Pretty much sums it up.

Pics can be seen here.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/forum/showthread.php?10100-My-junk.-68-GT.

Codfish

#36 ·
The 2012 Big Block Dart Ride of the Year

-0*( SRT's 1968 Dodge Dart

#42 ·
January-Febuary 2013 Big Block winner

Is SStockdart's wheel standing Dart

#43 ·
March 2013 BBD Ride of the Month Winner

Congrats to Zig's Hemi Dart

#45 ·
Thanks Guys

Here is the back window of our Dart.........this was at the 2 Division 7 races held in March.

Attachments

#47 ·
April 2013 BBD Ride of the Month Winner

Craighole's 72 Dart

#48 ·
May 2013 BBD's Ride of the month winner

BigDummy's new ride.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Gear shift Steering wheel
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car

#49 ·
November 2013 winner

Nevin's Road Runner

#50 ·
Big Block Dart Ride of the Year for 2013

BigDummy's new ride is the winner for 2013

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.