Big Block Dart Ride of the Month Winners - Page 2
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Big Block Dart Ride of the Month Winners

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bremereric View Post
    SRT's 1968 Dodge Dart

Ok so first I'd like to say thanks for all who voted.. I have never won anything with this car and I feel truly honored to be June ride of the month winner. I decided to pull the trigger on some goodies for the build so I called up Dave Webber at Moder Muscle Performance Group ordered a set of his ported 6.1 heads with 625 springs, retainers, and guides, custom cam, forged drop in pistons with new rings, cometic head gasket, new rod bolts, etc. I also made a phone call to my friend AJ Hemituner and bought a complete 6.1 engine. He wanted to send it to me assembled but I wanted it un-assembled so I could put the goodies on it from MMP. After seeing a smoking deal on a used KB I scooped it right up and now had all the parts in place within 10 days from nothing to everything. That's a very remarkable turn around time on this.

Next I called up my buddy Jeff (Popeye's Hemi) and asked for his assistance to assemble this mountain of parts. Jeff arrived Friday night grabbed so beers went to the shop and the labor began. We both were unsure as to what to gap the new rings at so i called very intelligent individuals in the know and they gave what they would gap them for my build. So after a lot of reading and talking on the phone we decided on the top and second gaps along with the bottom rings. We purchased a hand wheel to gap the rings to our specs. If you've never gaped a ring it takes a long time to measure each cylinder gap the ring put in back in the cyl, measure again, grind a little, put it back, you get the point... very time consuming. After 3-4 hours we were complete and are very satisfied with our work.

Time of assembly... We were smart enough to mark each rod and cap by a number and the direction it was facing before disassemble. This made a assembly easy and had two check points (our marks and the pistons had larger valve reliefs with obviously go on the top of each cyl). We used a crappy ring compressor that we fought a few pistons with but other than that they all went in with out a hitch. Something we did was to rotate the crank with the crank journals down so when we installed the piston a rod it couldn't reach it a smack it possible causing damage to it or the rod. We used this same level of attention to detail throughout this entire build. Every Bolt was spec and torqued, all new gaskets, assembly lube, etc.

I wanted to thank Scott 1fst4dr as I asked a lot of question and we shipped parts back and forth within a few days.. He's top notch in my book. Also Dave Webber and AJ for putting up with the numerous phone calls and obviously the bad ass parts to make this all happen. Jeff for the time you took to help me out ..very cool...Here is a 100 plus pictures from start to finish over the past 5 yrs.

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t...20to%20finish/

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

BBD's Ride of the month for July 2012

383man's 63 sport Fury

Eric Bremer
    Tomball TX 77375

1968 Dodge Dart 440 Big Block, Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads, Performer RPM intake, Holley 770 CFM Street Avenger, .541/.538 lift hydraulic roller cam, Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Roller Rockers..Crane Roller lifters..580 Final lift, MSD pro-billet distributor, MSD ignition, 355 Auburn Suregrip 8 3/4 rear end.

Hidden Content

1977 Dodge Aspen R/T...318...4 speed tranny with 355 gears in a 8 1/4" rear.

BBD LEGEND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bremereric View Post
    383man's 63 sport Fury

Well I bought my 63 Sport Fury in 2003 and sold my 383 Dart to my son. It had the original 383 in it with the factory 727. I knew I wanted to give it the Max Wedge look and build a bigblock for it to look as much like a Maxie eng as I could. I wanted a street/strip driver that would drive to the track and run 11's. The mild 440 I built with 906 heads and the MP .557 cam ran a best of 11.49 @ 116 using 4.30's with 30" tires and a Turbo Action manual valve body and a Dynamic 9.5 converter. I did a favor for a buddy and his dad gave me a Max Wedge scoop. Then another buddy sold me a glass hood for it for only $100 dollars. So I had the painter at the Dodge Dealer I worked at finish and paint the hood and scoop. Once I installed the hood with the Maxie scoop and the Torque Thrust wheels up front I had that 60's SS Max Wedge look that I love. I raced it through the pipes and ran it on pump gas. Drove it like that for years and in 2010 I decided I wanted to have a 10 second pump gas street car so I could handle some of these high dollar new cars running 11's from the factory. I knew I could build a pump gas eng to run 10's in my 3700 lb 63 even on my budget. So I built my 493 over the winter of 2010 and 2011 and installed it in the car in June 2011. I used a 440Source stroker kit and built my 493 with 10.6 comp and Indy EZ heads. It has a solid flat tappet cam and I use the Indy dual plane intake. Put the same 850 DP carb back on and used the same Dynamic 9.5 converter along with the same Mallory dist and MP orange ECU. It worked out great for me as I put 7 passes on it last year and after jetting up some ran a best so far of 10.76 @ 124.49 through the full exh on pump gas driving it to the track and I think it has a bit more in it. Ron
    My car , 63 Sport Fury Max Wedge wanna be pump gas street car......10.76 @ 124.49 ! ! My page on the 62-65 Mopar site...Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good and sounds good to me. Congrats on the win Ron.
    Eric Bremer
    Tomball TX 77375

1968 Dodge Dart 440 Big Block, Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads, Performer RPM intake, Holley 770 CFM Street Avenger, .541/.538 lift hydraulic roller cam, Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Roller Rockers..Crane Roller lifters..580 Final lift, MSD pro-billet distributor, MSD ignition, 355 Auburn Suregrip 8 3/4 rear end.

Hidden Content

Post Thanks / Like

BBD's Ride of the Month Winner for August 2012

Sickboy's Dart

Eric Bremer
    Tomball TX 77375

Hidden Content

Post Thanks / Like

BBD's ride of the month winner for September 2012

Is Ave's Yellow Dart

Eric Bremer
    Tomball TX 77375

Hidden Content

Post Thanks / Like
    congratulations
    I got myself into this....

Post Thanks / Like
    congrats.

had to vote for my own, but yours is far better sorted out all around. no denying that

Post Thanks / Like

BBd's Ride of the Month for October 2012

Is Qkcuda's Bronze Cuda.

Eric Bremer
    Tomball TX 77375

Hidden Content

Post Thanks / Like
    First off, thanks to all who voted for me. I really appreciate it.

I picked up this cuda in 1995. It was number 6 in a long line of cudas I used to drive and race. This one came from California, so it was rust free and still wearing it's original paint (it still is). At first I concentrated on getting it road worthy, with new brakes, exhaust, and a tune up. I also installed new Legendary seat covers and carpet. I drove it like that for a couple of years, but the original 318 and trans were tired, so I decided the only way I would get motivated was to pull the original engine and trans and get rid of them. Then it sat for a long time.

I spent the next few years accumulating parts to do the big block conversion. In 2006 I finally got it on the road again with a 400 under the hood (which was now wearing cuda scoops). It was a 9:1 motor with a Crane hydraulic cam and home ported 452 heads which made 415 HP and 450 lb/ft of torque on the dyno. It was a lot of fun to drive, and my goal was to run 12's with it. I took it to the track and did manage to pick up some high 12 second time slips. Being an old racer I could never leave well enough alone, so I decided to install a larger cam. I put in a new 292/509 wide lobe center MP cam, but unfortunately it destroyed itself on break in, taking the rest of the reciprocating assembly with it.

I then had a decision to make. Since I needed a new crank, rods and pistons, I figured I might as well get a stroker kit. So the engine is now a 500 cubic inch low block. We dyno'd it at 550 HP and 610 lb/ft of torque. This was with the same top end as the 400, and a Comp hydraulic roller cam to avoid a repeat of my previous problem. Now my goal was to have a car that was comfortable to drive on the street and would run 11's at the track. I changed from the previous 3.91 gears to 3.23's, freshened the trans and added some heavy duty drive train components. I also added a front disc brake conversion, line lock, and new rear axles and 11 inch drums. I have almost met my goal, the car is great to drive and so far it has run a 12.1 at the track. I have a few more things to change this winter, 3.55 gears, a complete MSD ignition, and a new crank pulley to speed up the water pump and hopefully solve an overheating problem in traffic. Next season I hope to get my 11 second time slip, and finish off the cuda stripe package.
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    congrats qkcuda. awesome car....

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats, that's a sweet ride, at least I lost to a really nice car

Post Thanks / Like

November's Ride of the Month for 2012

Codfish's MM1 Dart

Eric Bremer
    Tomball TX 77375

Hidden Content

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone who voted for both cars and to Eric for doing this. It's an honour to compete against 72BBSwinger's swinger.

Well I guess I have to do a little write-up. Here goes.

I bought the car in 2001 after selling my then favorite ride, a 70 Nova SS. I bought the car from a fellow who had all the intentions of restoring it, but life got in the way as it often does.

When I got it, it was all original except for the warmed over 360 which the previous owner swapped in to replace the original 273. Car had a stock 904 and a 7 1/4 rear with 2.91 gears.

I stripped the interior and exterior, removed the vinyl top, and had a little metal work done. Then had it painted MM1 Turbine Bronze. Looks alot better than the original Gold Poly. While it was being painted, the 904 was beefed up and a 8 3/4 rear with 4.57 gears was found. Also recovered the seats, added new carpet, found a very nice dash pad which UPS crushed #$&@#[email protected]@*&!!!!. Bumpers were rechromed, steel wheels and dog dish caps were added, etc...

Car was built with street driving a priority,and some strip action as well. 8.4 seconds in the 1/8th first time out. Slowly got that down to a flat 8 after a while.

Then things gets a little foggy.

Out comes the sawzall and the welder. Minitubbed it. Hung a Dana 60 with 3.73s under it. Subframe connectors. A stout manually shifted 727 with CRT internals and a 3800 PTC convertor behind a stroked RB is fitted next. It now runs 11 flat at 121 in the 1/4. Still very streetable, which is good. Racing is pretty much over as I need a cage before they let me back in, and I do not want a cage in the car. Oh well. Got my time slip anyhow I guess.

Pretty much sums it up.

Pics can be seen here.

https://www.bigblockdart.com/forum/sh...My-junk.-68-GT.

Codfish
    Last edited by codfish; 11-28-2012 at 09:28 PM.

DRIVE A HYBRID.* I NEED YOUR GAS!!!

Hidden Content

11.09 @ 119.4 in FULL street trim at a slim 3800 lbs Hidden Content

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats man, that's a great car.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

The 2012 Big Block Dart Ride of the Year

SRT's 1968 Dodge Dart

Eric Bremer
    Tomball TX 77375

Hidden Content

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulayions! That is a sweet-ass ride.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes indeed. Take a well deserved bow.

Congrats to all and happy holidays.

Codfish

DRIVE A HYBRID.* I NEED YOUR GAS!!!

Hidden Content

11.09 @ 119.4 in FULL street trim at a slim 3800 lbs Hidden Content

Post Thanks / Like
    Its no surprise that the coolest Darts around are on this Dart site ! This is a good site and im proud to just be a part of it. Thanks for the nomination this year as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful dart. Congrats to the winner and everyone who participated.
    Hidden Content
    68 Dodge Dart, 383, 727, 8 3/4 w/ 4.10's