Centerline wheels
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Centerline wheels

Post Thanks / Like

Centerline wheels

When we bought the Centerline wheels for the Dart I noticed that the monster rear wheels are the satin finish and the pizza cutters up front have been polished.
    After a long time of thinking about it...I want the satin finish on the front as well. How do I dull the front wheels down to match the rear wheels.
    I like the old school dull finish look on these Centerlines.

Rick
    68 Pro Street Dart
    Its not what you buy...Its what you build!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    id bolt one on the back, jack it up and run it in gear and carefully hit it with sctochbrite and get more aggresive until you get the finish you want might have to go to sand paper.

Post Thanks / Like

soda blast

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdart View Post
    id bolt one on the back, jack it up and run it in gear and carefully hit it with sctochbrite and get more aggresive until you get the finish you want might have to go to sand paper.
    If you know someone with a soda blaster,borrow it. It won't hurt the tires or erode the aluminum. pretty mild stuff as it won't take off rust and only removes paint in layers. Did a good job on an aluminum '69 Dart grille for me.
    cesarbee440

Post Thanks / Like
    soda blaster is not a bad idea. I was going to surgest taking all four wheels to a radiator shop and have them glass bead blast them all, I get it done with intakes and they come up like new, soda might be even better for satin wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    I need to make some calls around here and see who does it. When new tires go on would be the best time to do it.
    68 Pro Street Dart
    Its not what you buy...Its what you build!

Post Thanks / Like
    i thought you were looking for a spun/brushed finish.

Post Thanks / Like

soda blast

i thought you were looking for a spun/brushed finish.
    The finish stays the same. It DOES NOT erode the material,the tires can stay on. Masking them is optional but just stay away from what you don't want damaged at all. Takes off grease,dirt and oxidation but would not take rust off from steel.

People have businesses taking off grafitti without damaging the substrate,at least keep damage to a minimum with the soda but it's not your $279.00 Eastwood soda blaster.
    cesarbee440

Post Thanks / Like
    yes i know what soda blasting is. im just picturing a spun or brushed finish on those rims.
    Last edited by jamesdart; 06-28-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry buddy!

yes i know what soda blasting is. im just picturing a spun or brushed finish on those rims.
    not trying to insult anyones intelligence here,just trying to clarify! some people don't know!
    cesarbee440