Big Block Dart Forums banner

New Dart

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  64conv65hard 
#1 ·
Geeze, my power went out and I had to log back in. Site wouldn't take my password. Then I remembered that when I changed my email provider, I used one of the generated passwords, and didn't write it down. Got frustrated and just re-registered under new user name, I just added 383 to my old username "rarefish". I use rarefish383 on all my other sites anyway.

Anyone have a new Dart? I've been looking for a new daily driver and need to get good mileage. I also tend to toss a lot of junk in my drivers, so I was looking at hatch backs and the Kia Soul. But, when I went by the Dodge dealer I really liked the Red Dart they had out front. The 39 mpg on the sticker works for me. I drive 36 miles each way, all highway, on cruise control, so I should get toward the high end of the ratings. I don't think my chainsaw with a 4' bar will fit. On the up side, maybe if I get the Dart, I will quit hauling junk in my good car.

Just wanted some first hand info on the Dart. Does it get the rated mileage? Is it comfortable on long hauls? If I decide to take it out to dinner or some other family outing will it pull 4 adults? Thanks, Joe.

#7 ·
I'm doing good. Jeff got married and moved out last September. His Dart is at his place awaiting time and money to finish. Sometimes life gets in the way of working on these things. I've had my Barracuda torn apart since late '07. I may get the body done this year, but I've said that for the last three years. I find shows can sometimes be motivating. I think there's a Mopar show/drag race at the drag strip in Sacramento next month.

#9 ·
We can put this thread to rest now. Went car shopping monday at one of those big dealers with a bunch of diff brands. On a whim my wife said lets try the VW Golf. Nothing else I drove could compare. Checked around and the people I talked to said in real life they were all getting mid to high 40's in the MPG range, and those that did a lot of highway driving were averaging 50 to 54 MPG. That little diesel hauls but. Brought home a little white 4 door hatch, Joe.

#10 ·
The new TDI golfs are pretty nice. Plenty of torque.

I have first hand experiences with the new Darts.... they are POS's.... The car has a misfire. Ran like crap. Was VERY CHEAPLY MADE. Terrible car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.