Big Block Dart Forums banner

SPAM ATTACK!

10K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  bOb shingler 
#1 ·
this is the worst I've seen here. looks like the site got bombed with spam! aint there something that can be done?!?!?boom[]

#2 · (Edited)
zombies

they keep coming and coming. where's my zombie killing weapon?

here's the deal for who ever owns this site now. if you don't do anything about the spamers i'm leaving. it takes too long to report all of it and i have to wait 60 seconds between to report, what the fuq?. do something about it will ya?

#25 ·
i can't thank youguys enough

they keep coming and coming. where's my zombie killing weapon?

here's the deal for who ever owns this site now. if you don't do anything about the spamers i'm leaving. it takes too long to report all of it and i have to wait 60 seconds between to report, what the fuq?. do something about it will ya?
thanks for one hell of a great job you all did getting rid of the jerks. as you notice i didn't go anywhere, this site has the greatest mods on the planet. thanks once more, this is the best site ever and has the best people ever!

#3 ·
I blasted five of them this morning. I can't do anything about them joining and it is ruining the site.

#4 ·
it is....it sucks, and for this site to lose some of the guys it may lose, would suck for those of us who dont have the knowledge and experience of those people....and it would suck for Darts waiting to get big blocks stuffed in 'em......
:mad

#6 ·
I pm'ed Marco the administrator to see if he can upgrade the spamming software.

Reactions: bOb shingler
#8 ·
A form? I never filled out a form, he just sent me a passoword in my email. I agree, this is getting crazy. There has to be a filter or something to stop all of this. bOb, please don't go....hug*

#9 ·
I have requested my tech to run a report on this spam issue as the spam settings is already set on Akismet in which scans a new user's first 10 post and have to go through moderation before they get full access to post without being moderated.

Another resolution to this is setting up a New Member Introduction sub forum to which all new users have to introduce themselves first and get moderated to get full access to the rest of the forum board.

What do you guys think of these ideas?

#10 ·
I would set it up so that their first ten or fifeteen posts are moderated. That way thier posts have to be approved by a moderator or administrator approves them or deletes them as spam. That way the general public never sees the spammy posts.

#18 ·
There first posts are coming as being moderated now you won't see them. We do and they are cleaned up and banned.

#22 ·
Thanks guys, this was a joint effort by Eric, Jim, Cryco, Marco, myself, and our new mod Gene (11sec) It was getting away from us, and Gene came up with some good ideas that worked. I hope we have our site back now, and hope all the old members stick around, we need good people like you...Any ideas as to what you guys would like to see happen here would be appreciated...Just list them here and we'll run them by the Admin for approval. I always liked the joke section....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.