Howdy from San Jose
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Howdy from San Jose

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

Howdy from San Jose

I'm building a 73 swinger, it's a v8 car, and hasn't run in four years. I have had a few a bodies among others and this build is gonna be the one. Right now its a typical 318/904/7 1/4 car. Last time I had a 7 1/4 I built a sturdy Lil 318 with an isky Mega 270 and some kb's and that thing chewed the teeth up on the spider gears and cracked the ring gear. I still have a cup full o teeth from that diff, ha! Anyways. I learned what not to do. So this time I intend to purchase a few things from 440 source, shoemaker, and moser to name a few and we'll just see how it goes. I want to back half it, that will be one of the first big projects.
    Last edited by Muscle car mike; 05-12-2013 at 10:21 PM. Reason: predictive text!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard.
    Eric Bremer
    Tomball TX 77375

1968 Dodge Dart 440 Big Block, Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads, Performer RPM intake, Holley 770 CFM Street Avenger, .541/.538 lift hydraulic roller cam, Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Roller Rockers..Crane Roller lifters..580 Final lift, MSD pro-billet distributor, MSD ignition, 355 Auburn Suregrip 8 3/4 rear end.

Hidden Content

1977 Dodge Aspen R/T...318...4 speed tranny with 355 gears in a 8 1/4" rear.

4. Thanksroccodart446, Muscle car mike thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. Make sure to check out https://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/dck.shtml before you buy Shumacher mounts for a 73-76 V-8 k-member. I will probably be at the Mopar Alley show in June if you want to meet. I may or may not be selling parts at the show. I might just be spectating as nothing will be road worthy by then

I spent most of the 1980s around San Jose. What part do you live in?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

6. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

BBD GOD
    Post Thanks / Like

WELCOME

"bOb Built" (no matter how many times it takes) Hidden Content

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your posts. I live right by eastridge right now, but I am all over the place, I been in San Jose for a long long time. I will be at the ohlone show for sure, it would be great to meet you.

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the site buddy!! I am not far from you, i live in Gilroy! ill be at mopar rally in ohlone as well...

p.s.

what are your plans for that 318...
    408 STROKER!
    Hidden Content

800 posts on old board...

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I plan to run the 1970 318 I have while I build a 500 wedge. I have a couple 318's laying around, why do you need one? I am gonna find a cool little cam like a 270 Mega or a 280/474 purple to stick in this one I'm keeping,and with some small chamber heads it should be fun enough til the big one is done. Hey, feel free to give me a call if you need a 318, I sure ain't trippin bro I'll swap for parts or something no worries. Pm me for my #. And if anyone has a good cam for my la block please let me know!
    Last edited by Muscle car mike; 05-14-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    i do in fact need a 318, im looking for one for mock up, not necessarily to use as an engine to put in my car... what do you have? complete long block is what i need. what years do you have? what are you asking for them? not sure what I have to trade...whatcha lookin for?
    408 STROKER!
    Hidden Content

800 posts on old board...

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pm sent

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from another San Jose guy. Im in south san jose an will to be at the Mopar Alley show
    Mike
    72' Dart 440/D60 Caged blah blah blah

14. ThanksMuscle car mike thanked for this post
    Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I got some ported heads, o series. Comp xe268h, k kit. This should be adequate for now. Then on to the back half while I accumulate parts for the 500,

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the site. Sounds like you got a solid plan there. Don't forget to post some pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the site. look forward to seeing your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the site! this is the place for big blocks and a bodys. ant questions, ask away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the site! It is always goo to see another Mopar Jedi in the making. One thing you must remember, in order to authenticate your work, you must take pics. In order to keep the rest of us drooling, you must share the pics! Good luck witht he build!!!