Big Block Dart Forums banner

check out the new RMS rear suspension ..(pics)

113K views 172 replies 66 participants last post by  Pendelton 
#1 ·
cruised 2 hours up to bill's place yesterday and helped him install his street lynx system in my dart....

what a long day.. i left the house at 5:30 am and didn't get home till 11pm.

what a cool system. car rides and handles allot better. it really sticks to the road now. even with the crappy tires i have on the car..  still want to adjust a few things but man does the car ride nice now... had to trash my tail pipes because they were in the way of the upper arms but it looks like there is pleanty of room for new ones. god i hope so because the car is loud with out them..lol.

See less See more
#77 ·
Re: check out my new RMS rear suspension ..(pics)

bbscamp said:
AWESOME!! Nice design Bill....great install picts Joe! any real wheel alignment issues....or is the tape measure adequate accuracy?

we did the tape measurer and it seems ok.. i'm gonna stick it uo on an alignment rack hopefully this week just for the hell of it.. i also want to set the ride height on a surface that i know is level...

G
#78 ·

Joe: what are they, the newer cobra wheels? 16x10s? BS? nice racing snorkel on the fill too! let me know if you don't have plans for old leaf springs, I got a home for them on the yellow 73.

G
#80 ·

abodyjoe said:
  you don't want those lleaf springs.. they are 100,000 mile slant six springs..
doh Man...no better than the 100K mile S6 springs I have on the 73 now! I thought you might have upgraded somewhere in the past.....

Thats some deep BS on the wheels. so they fit? or too close to call.....

#81 ·

lol i was planning to goto the 6 leaf espo's like i did on jamie's car untill i saw the 4 bar kit on bills car... then i just had to have bills kit...

no the wheels will fit with no problem.. i knew they would clear the lower bar because bill had them on his car.. i was worried about the stock wheel tubbs but it looks like i have pleanty of room there too.. i'l know for 100% whenever i buy a set...

#86 ·

CashA10 said:
When do you think these will be available? I checked RMS's website, but fournd no listing yet. Can I order just with a PM, or should I wait until they're available through "more conventional channels"?

Thanks
Mark

they are avalible now..  just give bill a call and he will make up a kit and send it to you...  i know bill has been busy as hell.. probably hasen't had time to update the site...
-=----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from the RMS site

Our Daily Hours Are 9am - 6pm Eastern Time.

Phone - 570-443-7440

Our Current Mailing/Shipping Address is:

Reilly MotorSports, Inc.
2323 White Haven Rd.
White Haven, PA. 18661

#88 ·

stan said:
That looks real nice!!! I want one!!! How much ?? tnku

This has been a project of mine for an extremely long time. I was bent on making a fully adjustable street kit with coils that still allowed the stock gas tank. Of course, this kit is only for the 67-up a-abodies. I use other stuff for the B/E's. It worked out really nice though. It took us about 8 hours start to finish, but I admit it would be better to call it a weekend project. I used in my carr last summer with good results, but Joes was the first one made on the jigs as a production piece, so I was worried about e-brake cables, brake lines, gas lines, ect - but it all went back into place pretty nice, everything fit the way I measured it to, so I can now say all the fab work is correct and accurate. The brake line on the rear has to be rebent because the parts are very close to the old clips on the axle, but that's a minor item, so I'm happy with it all. TTI tailpipes do not fit, but there isn't much you can do about that - I felt it was better to keep the stock tank and allow custom tailpipes to be made. I'm not a fan of fuel cells on the street.
There will be 2 options - coil-over or air ride, and adjustable links like the pictures, or bushing-type links for more of a set-it-and-forget-it use.
Price will be 1795 with either link, and 1895 to get the air ride shock upgrade. After a year of research, it's exciting to finally see it a reality.
I wanted to keep it simple, so it took a while to find pivot points that offered a little anti-squat without any roll steer, and still had a roll center high enough that a sway wouldn't be needed.
Welding of course is required, but no critical measuring, and a cheapy angle finder from sears is needed to play with the pinion angle.
I do have a few kits pre-ordered that I have to get done, but otherwise, I could take an order for one now, and have it ready in two weeks.

#89 ·

Joe,

I was the guy that picked up the front end kit and dropped off the SRT8 supension the day you were installing yours 4 link.

Now that you have had a chance to run it for a while could you provide any additional feedback on ride quality, cornering, and how well it's working out or not for you.

Thanks,

John

#90 ·

whats going on man.. how did you make out with your alter-k??

to tell you the truth i drove the car the 120 miles home that night and have maybe put 50 miles on it since.. the weather has really sucked and i just haven't had the time to go cruise it around.. but it does ride a ton better.. its firm but not harsh. and it really seems to stick to the road in corners even with bald back tires and the skinnies up front... i just bought a set of 17" wheels and tires that should be on the car in the next couple weeks and the shows/cruised are starting soon so i will be able to tell you allot more then... but so far i really like it....

#91 ·

Thanks for the reply.... I decided to put my car on a rotisserie for a couple of weeks and get the underside cleaned up. Fifty pounds of undercoating and seam sealer at least was on the beast. Ordered the Keisler automatic kit that is made for the 6.1. Parts are arriving faster than I can put them in if you know what i mean.

Glad to hear that the rear gear is working out... keep us informed!

Thanks '

john

#92 ·

wow... that kit is insanely beautiful!!! BBD i was planning on getting the alterk this summer but now i might have to get both if i can afford it! i'm trying to set up my dart to handle as best as i can for cornering and whatever i can throw at it... would that kit and a sway bar be the way to go with the alterk?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.