Big Block Dart Forums banner

check out the new RMS rear suspension ..(pics)

113K views 172 replies 66 participants last post by  Pendelton 
#1 ·
cruised 2 hours up to bill's place yesterday and helped him install his street lynx system in my dart....

what a long day.. i left the house at 5:30 am and didn't get home till 11pm.

what a cool system. car rides and handles allot better. it really sticks to the road now. even with the crappy tires i have on the car..  still want to adjust a few things but man does the car ride nice now... had to trash my tail pipes because they were in the way of the upper arms but it looks like there is pleanty of room for new ones. god i hope so because the car is loud with out them..lol.

See less See more
#103 ·
Re: check out my new RMS rear suspension ..(pics)

Here ya go...too many people have been asking me about this, I thought I'd just sticky it to the page....Randy, lots of info right here or give Bill a call....570-443-7440...

G
#104 ·

That is the perfect spot for this post. I have looked up this post three times to get a look at it and I realy would like one if I cann't mod my leaf link.

Thanks Sue your the best.

#107 ·

"There will be 2 options - coil-over or air ride, and adjustable links like the pictures, or bushing-type links for more of a set-it-and-forget-it use."

Bill,

Can I assume the adjustability will still be there regardless of which ends we choose? Should be a piece of cake to do a thrust angle alignment with this setup.

Larry

#109 ·

Why not make the lower rods adjustable even with the bushings? Its going to be a pain to get the rear aligned without adjustable arms. Reason I'm interested is that I have NOT had good luck with the heim joints in daily street use. After about 6 months they get loose and sloppy. For a car thats going to be used regularly I would prefer a eurethane bushing. Can't be that hard to keep the adjustability and still have the bushed ends.

Larry

#110 ·

i don't think you really need all that adjustment on the lowers... the uppers are what adjusts the rear side to side and the pinion angle... i believe that there are two leangths of the lowers.. one to put the rear in the stock position and one to move it an inch back for a taller tire.. you'll have to ask bill about it though..... give him a call...

#112 ·

i think that would be too wide unless you mini tub it.. i have a 275/50-17 on my car wich is about 11.8 " wide and that is pretty much the max that will go under there....

you can't see it but the tire if much wider would hit the lower bar... now if you move the lower mounts in then you should fit a big tire under there..

#113 ·

I see what you mean by the mini-tub. You are very close. I have no problems with the tubbing, I'm more concerned about that lower bar. I have to redo the perches regardless as my particular 8.75 perches are seriously offset 3/8" of an inch and after 10 years of dogtracking and killing tires I'm going to fix it. I looked at the earlier pictures and I don't think I could get much more inboard with this system, maybe Bill can provide comments? The tire is advertised at 12.2 inches out so I have a feeling I'm fighting for another 7/16 -1/2" per side more than you. Bill, can you help me out??

G
#114 ·

Just inboard the front mounts, just like you had leaf springs. It works the same - I actually designed it with the links inboard, and later tried the stock location. I'm putting 305/35/18's on, and I should actually have a bit of clearance on the inside.

It's alot more difficult to do the tubbing than it is to move the front perch inboard - move them in while you're grinding the wells and you'll have lots of room.

#115 ·

Okay, now that I think about it I see what you mean. Have you tested the system with the links inboard? I'm not looking for a rally car, but would like something with close to stock lateral stability if possible. So you are saying flip the bars inside and move the front perch inboard to accommodate. Hmm I might be able to pull this off just yet..

#121 ·

Bill, maybe I missed it, but will this work for a early A body? If not wouldnt part of the kit work & I could fab up the rest myself? This the type setup I want under my 66 Dart. Although I do plan to race the car I am more interested in a good all around handling with a fair leave at the track with DR's. Looking at Joe's car leaving the line I already know what to expect with that part. If not overpowered, it should supply a pretty good 60ft anyway. My car will be a 6 speed with turbo so I want be doing major hard leaves anyway, the ET will come on down the track from the major MPH. Drive in, turn a 9.50 is the goal. But I will be driving on 2 to 300 mile trips with plenty of back roads involed at times.

I know 9.50's may sound like a bit of stretch in some ways, but with a turbo setup & the right motor combo its a breeze. I can do it on springs, but really want that little bit better handling & fitting the right tire combo with the stock wheel wells. WIth what you have going here, it looks like the perfect setup for my intent. I am not sure how the 66 Dart wheel wells compair to the 67 up cars, but I believe the 275/50/17's should be a go.

Jess

#126 ·

austin9746 said:
I was just wondering what i need to do to get info on purchasing this set up, I cant find it on the site and tried emailing throught the rms website but have not heard anything back. Thanks in advance for the help.
  your phone works ok right?

right off the RMS site.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Our Daily Hours Are 9am - 6pm Eastern Time.

Phone - 570-443-7440

Our Current Mailing/Shipping Address is:

Reilly MotorSports, Inc.
2323 White Haven Rd.
White Haven, PA. 18661

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.