Max
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max

Post Thanks / Like

Max

Here's my new best friend Max. He's an American Akita. He was born on 8-3-13. We've had him for just about 3 months now and there isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't make us laugh out loud.
    Akita's are extremely smart and very head strong. They will put you to the test every day and he does just that. But they are extremely loyal to the family.
    I haven't had a dog for a really long time and I'm so happy that we got him. He's just awesome!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    He`s Beautiful!! Make sure you socialize him early they can be a little aggressive with other dogs but your right they are Great family dogs my buddy has always had them

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Ted,

WOW, Max is a fantastic looking Akita indeed!

I do also agree that they can sometimes have troble socializing with other dogs, as our girl Kita will be ok with other dogs she knows, but she isn't all that comfortable with dogs she doesn't know. I think that most of that is because she is so EXTREMELY protective of us her human family.

I'm positive that Max will amaze you with his memory and ability to know what you and your family is going to do before you guys do and he will also amaze you with how VERY intelligent he is!

Akita's are just wonderful dogs and I hope that Max will be your family's best friend for MANY years to come! I will personally look forward to seeing many more photo's of Max as he grows up and also hearing many more cool stories about him!

Richard

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Richard. Thanks for the kind words about Max.
    The breeder that we got him from is only about a 20 minute drive from here so we were able to go to see him every week from the time he was 3 weeks old. That first picture of him in my wife's hand was @ 3 weeks old. It made a huge difference for him when we brought him home. He was so relaxed with us. He never cried at night at all. Except when we attempted to crate train him. EPIC FAILURE!!!!
    Here's a shot of him after being home for just an hour. The breeder told us for him to be stretched out and relaxed like that he had to feel at ease and comfortable with his surroundings.
    Right now he's really good with other dogs and people. He loves to make new friends. But we're well aware that he will likely not get along with other male dogs when he's matured.
    We got a little bit of snow here today (only about a 1/2") so that was a new experience for him. When we get a foot or two, that should be big fun.
    I'll keep the pictures and stories comming1
    Ted
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    That is very cool that you were able to meet Max at such a young age. He will become extremely protective of your family as he gets older trust me on that! If he turns out like our Kita, you also will NOT be able to do anything in his vicinity without him knowing about it! They miss absolutely nothing that's going on around them!

Richard

Indy-Home of the US Nationals, The Brickyard, and all kinds of places to race lol
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love puppies, he looks like a teddy bear, good luck with him, and enjoy every minute, they grow old way too fast, I miss my little guy so much.
    04 Ultra Classic FLHTCUIHidden Content The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson

Post Thanks / Like
    It's funny that you say that he looks like a bear. The name of the kennel that we got him from is "Kittabears" From day one I would call him by saying "where's my bear"? Most times he comes running unless he's got his stubborn face on.

Ted

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I learned a valuable (and messy) lesson yesterday. Max just loves na's and we've been sharing one at lunch time for about a week now. BIG MISTAKE! While they are just as healthy for them as they are for humans they go through them like a bullet train. Needless to say all of this healthy eating finally left its mark.
    I know one thing is for sure. On Saturday instead of starting to mount my motor plate in the Demon I'll be shampooing the living room carpet.

Ted

Post Thanks / Like
    OOP'S! Well at least you know that his "plumbing" is healthy and in perfect working condition Ted!

He's just so darn cute though, you can't keep a frown on your face for long! Just part of the learning process for both of you and as he grows older, I'm sure that he will become like our Kita who would rather explode that ever go potty inside of our home. She's almost like a cat in the way that she grooms herself as well.

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's my wife conducting her brand of discipline training.

Ted
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    4 1/2 months old and already 53 pounds. YIKES!!!
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, he's already a couple of pounds heavier than Kita is at almost 8 years old!

Your wife uses the same "discipline training" that I use with Kita!

I'll say it again though Ted, he is a very handsome boy indeed!

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    Its amazing. All of that black coloring on his back just showed up over the last 2 weeks. He's like a chameleon.

Ted

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DusTed74 View Post
    Its amazing. All of that black coloring on his back just showed up over the last 2 weeks. He's like a chameleon.

Ted
    Just as children continue to amaze us as they grow up, so do our four legged family members!

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    I signed Max up for school today. It will be a six week basic course.
    I think it will be $99. well spent. Plus its something to do on Monday nights during the winter.

Ted

BBD LEGEND
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

He is a cool looking dog ! Ron
    My car , 63 Sport Fury Max Wedge wanna be pump gas street car......10.76 @ 124.49 ! ! My page on the 62-65 Mopar site...Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ron!

Ted

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it might be 25 below zero outside but it's never too cold to play fetch with a stick.
    The truth is that even he doesn't want to be outside very long. Plus as of late he wont go out unless I go out with him. What up with that??
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    You know Ted, in a couple of more months, he will have his two legged family members trained just the way he wants them! That's also a fantastic picture of him by the way!

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a link that you might enjoy. The breeder that we got Max from always posts photo's of the pups from when they're born and while they're with her for the first 7 or 8 weeks. This is Max's litter. It was only 3 pups and that led to some issues for Max but everything worked out just fine.

Enjoy the show.............Ted

http://akita2009.homestead.com/10.html