duke
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: duke

Post Thanks / Like

duke

this is duke. we adopted him as a great dane/cannan mix. he was left chained in an apartment in nyc with a huge pile of food. we got him from a local private shelter. their web design person lived in the building where he was left, so she got him out of there and into the shelter. lady had to interview us, with our son and all. she had to see how the dog was with him. she explained all the things she saw and felt we would be good for each other. she told my wife, you are going to have a hard time with this dog. hes big and strong and he knows it. when he does something bad, you have to lose it. throw dishes, slam doors, scream, yell...hes high energy. he HAS to be crated. and you have to put these extra clasps on the crate. hes braking out of the kennel here. we thought all that stuff was kind of harsh, but this lady was old school. took him home and it took months for him to get used to the cage. it was awful. but eventually he was cool with it.
    hes a great guard dog. great with my son and other kids. he loves to play, but rough. and persistent. with people and dogs. my brother calls him a bully. it fits him well.
    hes pretty adventurous. hes picky with other dogs. when I bring him to the dog park he runs in and has to corral everyone, people and dogs. get them under his power. after that he tries to find a friend. after they all think hes a jerk. if they don't want to play, he cant be bothered with them. if they want to play, great but they better like it rough. hes cool with small dogs, and big dogs, its just the ones that think they are tough he has a problem with.
    he does have traits of the great dane and cannan, but sometimes I think hes an akita pit bull mix.

Last edited by jamesdart; 12-08-2013 at 09:05 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    It's really unbelievable that someone would go off and leave such a fantastic looking dog like Duke like that. His color marking are very cool and WOW, he's a very muscular boy! I bet that he's faster than a big block Dart when he wants to be! He does have the Akita style ears which is cool as well.

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    he has the curled up tail too. I was trying to get some more pics up before but photobucket quit working for me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Ruff Ruff I like him.
    Eric Bremer
    Tomball TX 77375

1968 Dodge Dart 440 Big Block, Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads, Performer RPM intake, Holley 770 CFM Street Avenger, .541/.538 lift hydraulic roller cam, Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Roller Rockers..Crane Roller lifters..580 Final lift, MSD pro-billet distributor, MSD ignition, 355 Auburn Suregrip 8 3/4 rear end.

Hidden Content

1977 Dodge Aspen R/T...318...4 speed tranny with 355 gears in a 8 1/4" rear.

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of mine rescued a puppy from the shelter in Phoenix years ago. He is a Great Dane mix also and looks a lot like Duke. He's around 10 years old now and he's starting to slow down a little but he's still a big goof ball.
    You've got a great looking dog there and he looks very content.

Ted

Indy-Home of the US Nationals, The Brickyard, and all kinds of places to race lol
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great looking dog, I can tell he is loved very much.
    04 Ultra Classic FLHTCUIHidden Content The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson

BBD LEGEND
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Yea thats a great looking dog. REon
    My car , 63 Sport Fury Max Wedge wanna be pump gas street car......10.76 @ 124.49 ! ! My page on the 62-65 Mopar site...Hidden Content
    Hidden Content