Big Block Dart Forums banner

Garth Brooks 2014 World Tour

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  downtime! 
#1 · (Edited)
Garth announced his world tour, for an music fan weather you like country music or not this is a must see! You will not be disappointed I guarantee. No dates have set release yet that I am aware of.

Garth made a promise many years ago that he will never charge more than $25 for a ticket. I hope he keeps this promise, but I would understand if that went up to say $35 due to inflation over the years, an extreme bargain at today's concert prices. (Kid Rock also does this)

When I saw Garth in Wichita Kansas many years ago, he was scheduled for one night only and I stood in line for a couple of hours and but it was sold out in seconds, he went on to add I believe it was 3 shows. All sold out that day. I was in the nose bleed seats but his stage presents still made me feel like I was in the front row. This guy is an amazing entertainer. You will get 2+ hours of pure entertainment.

I wish I could write as well as Richard, because what I have said is probably all over the place. The point is don't miss it if it comes anywhere near your area

#2 ·
I saw some show he did last week I thought it was supposed to be like a concert but it sucked. I tried to give it a chance, but it never got better. the audience looked like they were going to fall asleep. that guy got really weird. then the other day he was on his wife's cooking show. I never knew she had a cooking show? he was trying to be funny but was pretty corny. was making references to when he does his "standup". is he trying to do comedy or music?

#3 ·
What show did you see? Was it a concert or a TV? I was not aware he was doing any concerts. I will admit he is corny when he does guest spots an actor he is not.

i hope it was not one of his Vegas shows I really hate that he ever agreed to do them.

Watch his free concert in central park that will give you an idea of what his shows are like. Its been 10 years now, so age may have set in some to.

#6 ·
I love this song, I remember when this video came out the 3rd verse was deemed too controversial and had to be removed to receive any airplay. How times have changed. tnku for the video Richard can you find "That Summer"

#7 ·
Absolutely my friend! Some call me the "The Mopar Music Man" for a good reason! lol If it's posted on Youtube, it might take me awhile, but I'll find it!

I will also try to find and post some of his full albums and concerts if available in "The Bankers Music Box" forum as well for you. thmsup

By the way Gene, I also remember all of the fuss that was made from the last verse in "The Thunder Rolls" and the videos that featured that verse were also banned in many places.

Richard

[video=youtube;A8MwwSW2p_M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8MwwSW2p_M[/video]

#9 · (Edited)
Ok, mental note to self.....NEVER joke around with Gene when it comes to Garth Brooks! :bslap

Seriously though, it doesn't look like it's available on Youtube at this time Gene, but I'll keep looking for it ok? ;)

Here's the link that you gave me that will work for now until I can find a better quality version on Youtube.

By the way, the link below is a non embedded picture link that I've been talking about to you and the admins.

[video]http://www.jukebo.com/garth-brooks/music-clip,that-summer,sf035.html[/video]

Richard

#11 ·
We saw him live in Dallas years ago, before he stopped touring. I'm much more of a classic rock guy, but have always liked certain country artists, and Garth is on that list. Having never been to a country concert, other than Merle Haggard many many years ago, I had no idea what to expect. To say I was completely blown away would be a gross understatement. He played for a solid 3 hours (no opening act at this show), did 2 full blown encores, and literally had to be carried from the stage at the end from sheer exhaustion. I have never seen anyone want to give so much during a show, to make sure you as the audience got everything he had to give. Reminded me very much of watching Bruce Springsteen, or Bob Seger, back in the early days of their careers. You left knowing you got your moneys worth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.