My Two Newest 1/18th Scale Arrivals!
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: My Two Newest 1/18th Scale Arrivals!

Post Thanks / Like

My Two Newest 1/18th Scale Arrivals!

Ok, so neither one of these models are all Mopar, but both have replicas of blown nitro Hemi engines, so they are still very cool in my opinion!

The first car is the AutoWorld replica of Tim Beebe's 1971 Chevrolet Camaro "Fighting Irish" Funny Car. This car is issue number 11 in AutoWorld's "Legends Of The Quarter Mile" series and is their stock, or item number AW1121. This car was just released in mid January 2014, so it is still available if anybody would like to purchase one.

As with all of the previous 10 releases of Funny Cars in this series, this 1971 Camaro comes with a one piece flip up plastic "Flopper" style body like the real cars did and they also have nicely detailed diecast tube chassis, as well as an equally detailed blown Hemi engine.

The paint and race day graphics on these Funny Cars are also very impressive and look even better in person than they do in pictures!

Pictures are courtesy of my friends Jim and Scott at Supercar Collectibles who have these fantastic cars in stock.

The real car in action.

And the 1/18th scale model.

The second new arrival is issue #12 in the AutoWorld "Legends Of The Quarter Mile" series. It is stock, or item number AW1122 and is a replica of the Larry Fullerton 1972 "Trojan Horse" Mustang Funny Car.

This model has all of the same features mentioned above for the "Fighting Irish" Camaro and this car was just released in late January 2014, so it is also still available.

If you're as big of a Drag Racing fan as I am and love the 1960's and 1970's Funny Cars as much as I do, then you really should check out all 12 cars in this series that have been released so far, as well as looking forward to a couple of 1970 Cuda's and another 1971 Charger that AutoWorld has announced for production in 2014! I already have all three on pre-order!

Richard
    Last edited by thebankerstoy; 02-06-2014 at 02:47 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet...

They look great. Great pics too by the way...

I am into building 1/25th scale. I have a few I need to take pics of for ya'll.

Be Back Soon..
    Bob
    Back to the tool box Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent Bob, I'll look forward to seeing your models!

Richard

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Attaching Pics...

Hey Richard,

How do you go about attaching a picture here. It says it needs a url. I know of a photo place on the web that allows you to post your photo, then you can use the url, but I don't know how to find the url once I post a pic, L0L. I haven't used the site yet, it is called www.tinypic.com I think. But is there some other way to post a pic in here?

Thanks,
    Bob
    Back to the tool box Hidden Content
    Hidden Content