Boy am I in Trouble
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Boy am I in Trouble

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Boy am I in Trouble

Sold my '69 Dart finally to keep me from cutting it up to purchase a '68 Dart, drag only car. The previous owner had coupled a new 727 tranny to a mild >500hp but <600hp .030 over 383 with JE dome pistons, balanced assy, arp rod bolts, double shot peened rods, windage tray,deep sump pan, purple shaft .509 hyd cam, double roller chain, 452 heads, mild port, street dominator intake, 850 double pump holley. Electronic dist, with MSD 7AL ign box, with dial limiter. Proparts fenderwell headers, electric water pump, Afco aluminum radiator with built in fan, New 727 trans with billet sprag, reverse manual valve body, and new 8 inch TCI converter.
    Back half consists of mini tubs, leafs moved inboard, Dana 60 rear with 4.10 Spool, Moser axles, super stock springs, hardened yoke, subframe connected, front bbp disc brakes, fuel cell, holley blue pump, braided lines to front, dual battery setup in rear, on off switch. Has an 8pt cage, Tach, gauges, Hurst ratchet shifter, one seat, all original glass, fiberglass front,and rear bumper, and lift off fiberglass hood. The paint is very good drag car quality. New tires on front, 28.0x 10.5 MT Slicks on rear. This car will get a back half job and new front-end but is turn key as it sits. I never did like the superstock look wacked into the quarters on some cars, mine included so am in need of a pair of wheel well patches or quarters to fix the ones on the car. And I'm sorry, I am not smart enough to make a Hurst ratchet shifter work simply. Please, help find a 2spd glide to compliment this car, or at least recommend a good shifter set up. This a is a foot brake car and hope to change this. I could use some help with the right gear and tire combo if any help out there. There is lots of room in the fender wells for wider and taller, but is jacked up in the rear. I think just getting the semintry corrected will get the car a few tenths better down from 11.70 best run I think. The fender well headers have seen better days and would like to run something underneath that will not kill me to install on a 383 A body
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

BBD GOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up great hotrod

put a bigger slick on it. the biggest that fits the wheel well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    "bOb Built" (no matter how many times it takes) Hidden Content

Post Thanks / Like
    You are gonna be hard pressed to find a large tube header that fits better than the proparts. Nice car!!
    '78 Warlock- 5.7 Hemi/Viper T56
    '05 Magnum RT 5.7
    '96 F150 Supercab 4x4
    '03 Kawasaki Z1000

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

'68 Dart

Quote Originally Posted by bOb shingler View Post
    put a bigger slick on it. the biggest that fits the wheel well.
    Thanks, I will

Post Thanks / Like

ProParts Headers

Quote Originally Posted by cu440da View Post
    You are gonna be hard pressed to find a large tube header that fits better than the proparts. Nice car!!

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    love that dart,seen it somewhere before,by the pics,don't look like it has pro parts headers on it,not unless the motors out of it and hanging down,not too many options in headers for a-body big block,not unless you go fenderwell which I prefer hedman over hooker,i use a b&m pro ratchet ,the hurts quarter stick is a pain in the rear in a bracket car,ok for street,i understand going to a powerglide than a 727,that would be a no brainer there

Post Thanks / Like

Which Dart are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by 440outlawdart View Post
    love that dart,seen it somewhere before,by the pics,don't look like it has pro parts headers on it,not unless the motors out of it and hanging down,not too many options in headers for a-body big block,not unless you go fender well which I prefer hedman over hooker,i use a b&m pro ratchet ,the hurts quarter stick is a pain in the rear in a bracket car,ok for street,i understand going to a powerglide than a 727,that would be a no brainer there
    The race car headers are ProParts fender well headers that have been cut on and changed around some. Collectors are an issue though backing up
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

The Dart's Been Here Before

Quote Originally Posted by 440outlawdart View Post
    love that dart,seen it somewhere before,by the pics,don't look like it has pro parts headers on it,not unless the motors out of it and hanging down,not too many options in headers for a-body big block,not unless you go fenderwell which I prefer hedman over hooker,i use a b&m pro ratchet ,the hurts quarter stick is a pain in the rear in a bracket car,ok for street,i understand going to a powerglide than a 727,that would be a no brainer there

The Dart was for sale on here before and is where I found it, from a guy up in MO. And being how it's from MO and what the guy did for a living explains why it is a stripped down race car.