Big Block Dart Forums banner

I do love this hobby !

8K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  Harry 
#1 · (Edited)
I want to first say I dont mean to brag and dont want to so I hope this dont sound like that. But the other day (Friday) I took my 63 to pick up my perscription from my Doc and to drop it at Giant to get filled. And it just seems everytime I take my 63 out more people come up to me and ask about it and say they like it. I mean I pull in the Docs lot and when I get out an older women (60's maybe) is sitting on the bench and she says to me ....wow is that a nice car. So she asked me the year and I talked to her a minute and thank her. When I get to Giant as soon as I get out of my 63 and older couple (again maybe in the 60's) came right over and talk to me as the man tells me as he was a police man years back and tells me how fast the 64 Plymouths were they had on the force and asked me if mine was a 64 or 65 and of course I tell him its a 63. So anyway Giant says it will be about a 1/2 hr so I drive about a mile away to Gino's to get a milkshake while I wait and again as soon as I get out of the car a younger guy (maybe in his 30's) comes right over and ask me about it and says how he likes it and I talk to him a few minutes before I get my milkshake. It was nice as I got to admit I was loving the attention and do not mind talking to anyone about the car as I do love this hobby. It just seems my 63 just gets more attention everytime I take it out lately and I am really enjoying it. I hope I can get back to the track sometime soon as my friend is going to have a NSS race and I want to race in it. Ron

See less See more
#3 ·
First of all Ron your car is AWESOME and it deserves all of the attention that it gets. It's true how many people do respond to these cars. Many people ask me if my Dart Sport is a Duster. Then I explain that it's a Dodge version of basically the same car. Then they go on to say how they had a Duster or someone they knew had one as a first car.
I'm with you. I do love this hobby!

Ted

#4 ·
well you have a cool ride. i agree it is cool sometimes.
i haven't done much with my cars for a while. i kind of lost intrest with things we have going on right now, and this winter was awful. i cant even tell you how many feet of snow we had. yesterday my wife and son had to go work a car wash at the ymca where he goes for day care. it was a fund raiser for things they do with the kids, like weekly class trips, a "prom" that's coming up... hes 4 1/2. i was working in the yard, my duster has been sitting outside, its pretty filthy. i took it for a ride over there to get washed, all the parents and teachers there loved it. he was so happy. so i took it for a cruise after to dry it off. people were just loving it. all kinds of people, young, old, male female, any race, it was cool. it kind of sucks, by me you just don't see old cars anymore, even at the local track.

#6 ·
That's great Ron. I just got mine back together after the head swap and have only taken it on a short test drive so far. I hope to run it at an Ontario Nostalgia Drag Racers event on the 10th if all goes well. Everything is exactly the same as when I last ran it except the heads, so it will be interesting to see how much I pick up.

#7 ·
As all of the others have mentioned Ron, your 63 is a VERY special car indeed! I will add that as each year passes and folks see fewer and fewer of these 1960's and 1970's Muscle cars on the street, when they do see one, especially one as nice as yours, it's a very special event for them!

You've worked very hard to build and maintain that beauty Ron, so enjoy all of the praise and attention it gets my friend, as it's well deserved!

Richard

#11 ·
You do have a awesome car and should be very proud of it. Like others have said, you just don't see that many old cars anymore. I know in my area everything is late model mustangs and camaro's except for the cars at the track but you don't see them on the street. I wish there was more "old iron" running around on the streets.

#15 ·
Ron, i know exactly what your saying. seems like 10 to 20 years ago i seen alot of muscle on the street. today not so much. since the Michigan weather has been good i drive my roadrunner almost daily. it's been quite the conversational piece. just makes me sad that i don't see the cars like i use to. gives me a feeling that this stuff is coming to an end. sooner than later....

#21 ·
Back in high school, early 70's, my buddy's brother had a red 64 Coronet Maxi that he raced. Cancer had eaten the quarters and rockers pretty bad. He sold it to one of my classmates for $400 bucks. I only got to ride in it once, it was wild. That was the first time I'd ever seen a cross ram. The 65 Coronet has always been my all time favorite Dodge, but next to your 63 it just looks kinda plain. Your 63 has some style that disappeared from the lineup in later years. Do love your car, Joe.

#22 ·
Thanks Joe. Yesterday I took my 63 over my buddies house about 10 miles away and it was another cool ride. I had a younger guy in a work truck pull up next to me at a redlite and beep the horn to get my attention and then he gave me the thumbs up and yelled saying ......you have an awesome car. That was cool of him and I waved and thanked him. Then no more then 4 block later 2 older guys asked me at a redlite if I raced it and how they loved the older 60's Superstock cars. It is fun and does give you a good feeling knowing others out there like our cars and hobby also. Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.