Big Block Dart Forums banner

Racecar specs!! List your specs - helpfull info..

125K views 125 replies 65 participants last post by  496dart 
#1 ·
I think it would be great info if some of us could list our specs of our cars.  List as much info as you can. Other people could see what it takes to get a car to a specific et.   My book with specs is at my shop. But here is some info!!      505 cu. in.  -  440 block, no filler, no girdle, steel billet main caps, bored .030" , Callis 4.250" crank, Oliver steel rods chevy size, JE pistons, little over 14 to 1 compression, Brodix B1-BS heads, ported , Crower solid cam around .609" and .599" lift, duration?, custom built step headers 1-3/4" to 1-7/8" to 2" with merge collectors, M1 intake with 850 dp Holly , #92 square jetting, no power valves, double roller timing chain, 35*full timing, FBO ignition system ( no MSD), BG400 ful pump,  Shogun water pump and water manifold, custom built BeeCool radiator, shroud and catch can, #8 or #10 radiator hoses, CRT 727 super/pro2 transmission (rollerized, billet aluminium front drum, bolt in sprag, Griner billet valvebody, transbrake) ,Hurst 1/4 stick shifter, with air shifter, PTC 8" converter, flashes to 5300-5400 rpm, shift at 6100 rpm, cross traps at 6300 - 6400 rpm , 4.10 gears in Ford 9" rear, Mark Williams axles, ladder bar with coil over rear suspension, Alston chassis 2"x3" box frame, coil over front suspension, rack & pinion steering , Wilwood 4 wheel disc brakes. Hoosier 32" x 13.5"w x 15" .  Car weghs 2550 ,  2730 with driver. 9.458et, 141.35mph, 1.278 - 60 foot,

#2 ·
My 69 Dart is maybe a week or two from being ready to run. I do not yet know what it weighs, but will soon. Engine is a .035" over 400 low deck with a 4.15" stroker crank, 6.76" I-beam rods weighing 730 grams and Ross pistons create a bob weight of 2098 grams for this 500" motor. Heads are Brodix B-1/BS with Max-Wedge porting and an Indy intake topped off with a BG RT-750 carb flowing 920cfm. Compression is 13.2-1 and cam is a Crane special grind roller with .718" lift intake and .730" lift exhaust due to the 1.58 ratiio roller rockers, duration at .050 degrees lift is 274 intake and 278 exhaust and ground on a 112 degree lobe seperation. Bottum end is supported by a Chenowith girdle that has a Milodon super stock oiling system with the thru the tube drag link hanging underneath. Transmission is a 727 with all of the AA liteweight aluminum rotating parts, fully rollerized, billet servos and band struts spun by a 9" Billet convertor by Force Technologies of Deland, Fl with a stall of 4600 rpm. Rear end is a back/braced 9" Ford with 4:56 gears, Moser spool and 35 spline axles, and an aluminum Daytona front support, all stopped by Wilwood disc brakes. Ignition is a Mopar tach drive race unit lit up by an MSD 7AL-3 and Pro Power coil. Car is a back-half with QA-1 coil-overs and 36" ladder bars. Cooling system is a 26" Be-Kool radiator, 16" electric fan, and a Moroso electric water pump drive on a Mopar aluminum water pump housing, pump, and thermostat housing. Wiring is an 8 switch Painless Wiring kit with two batteries in the trunk and a 5 gallon fuel cell with Holley electric pump and bralided fuel lines. Headers are Hooker Super Comp #5215. I forgot this, the valve body is also AA transbrake unit. Front fenders, hood and both bumpers are fibergalss. Also forgotten is the Fluidamper balancer and the CSI flexplate and shield. Wow, I talk too much! Wish I could make the Carlisle show again this year. Hi Ray, and Sue and Bill!!

Reactions: Snoopy74dart
#3 ·
The car is a full tube chassis but no lightweight, it was 2975# after a run last year. It's a 4-link, with a wishbone and AR-Bar in the back. The front is a coil over A-arm setup from Alston Chassis works. It has stock radiator support, stock wiring, stock dash, stock doors, windows roll up and down, even the dome light works. It's ran a best of 5.79@118 in the 1/8 this year and best 1/4 last year of 9.16@147. There is no power adder on the car. Motor is an alum KB wedge with Indy -1 heads. It's 557 cubes ;D 4.440" bore x 4.5" stroke. It has a Bryant Billet fully counterweighted crank, GRP alum rods, 7.100" long with a Chevy 2.2" journal. It has Ross pistons, 15:1 squeeze with a .990 pin. Cam is ~.750/.730, 281*I/288*E @ .050 on a 112 lobe center. Heads flow in the 350 range on intake and 300 on ex. Rockers are Jesel, 1.6 In. and 1.55 ex. Single Holley 1150 carb, Indy 440-3 intake. Headers are custom, 2-1/8x2-1/4x4" merge collectors. The motor made 850 hp and 730 ft/lbs on the pump this year. Trans is a TF727, it has a billet steel drum, light weight and rollerized internals, A&A tranny brake. I has a PTC 9.5" converter. I have a big tire, 33x17 and run a 4.10 gear in a Dana 60. This year I've been working on chassis mods to being the 60' around. Once i get that figured out I'm sniffing for that 8 sec slip ;D

#5 ·
Hey Deadly Dart, pics *POP* Dartsport and BigCube your examples of craftsmanship is outstanding, love the attention to details that is evident in the pic and performance , Thanks Guy's for the inspirations! nanr DAD P.S. will let The Kidd list our specs!

#11 ·
Mine is a full chassis alston a-arm with a 4 link,and anti roll bar. It is going to be powerd by a 572 kb stageV big valve heads callies crank hogans intake
toped off with a psi screw blower and efi. It will run on alky. trans is a 5 speed lenco with a triple disk clutch and a browell bellhousing. rear is a fab 9
with strange 40 spline gundrilled axles and a strange ultra case with 4.11 gears on a lightweight spool.

#12 ·
jimmyb said:
Mine is a full chassis alston a-arm with a 4 link,and anti roll bar. It is going to be powerd by a 572 kb stageV big valve heads callies crank hogans intake
toped off with a psi screw blower and efi. It will run on alky. trans is a 5 speed lenco with a triple disk clutch and a browell bellhousing. rear is a fab 9
with strange 40 spline gundrilled axles and a strange ultra case with 4.11 gears on a lightweight spool.
Show off!! j/k nice parts!

#13 ·
Jimmyb , I can not wait to see your dart when it is finished , the car sits really nice , hope you put an awesome paint job on it. Any color picked out for it yet? That thing is going to fly. What ET you hoping for? When do you figure it will be done? Get her done.

#14 ·
jimmyb that's going to be a very badass car when it gets done. hope you get to drive it soon.  it sucks when a build takes yrs i always start wondering if it will ever get done when i start something. good luck!! all the work will be worth it in the end.
birdboy, I think that it does suck when things take forever.november will be 2 years into this. when the parts take months to get because you are a smallfry it doesn't help.this place gives the desire to continue and finish lots of encourgement is needed along with deep pockets. Thanks to all who always have input and share knowledge. Jimmy

#114 ·
My GTX is a 440/500, Indy Heads, roller cam-646 lift, ? duration, 12.5/1 CR, 4:56 gears in a dana 60, full chassis, dual carter 4-barrels, 2850 lbs. I shift at 7200 rpms, It runs 9.68 on motor and* 8.77 with a 275 shot.*
which indy heads/valve dia's? i have an ad for 440-1s back in the 90s. even without porting, different valve sizes were sold over the years.

G
#16 ·
Hi !
Here`s some of the stuff my (formerly Tweety`s) 557 Hemi`s got.

Kieth Black block 4.375" bore - Barton tweeked
  JE Custom pistons 11.1 : 1 built for a 200 shot (maybe some day )
  Bryant 4.625" stroke crank w/2.200" Journals
  RBRE Race Hemi rods (Oliver) 6.86"
  RBRE 896 Series tool steel tapered pins 1.031" x 2.750"
  ATI Damper
  RBRE 896 Series billet oil pump
  Milodon dual line swing P/U
  Charlies Pan
  Mopar Perf heads - Barton tweeked O ringed.
  RBRE 896 series S/S 2.250" Int.
  RBRE 896 series S/S 1.940" Exh.
  Comp Cams 1.540" Double springs w/ damper 450# @ 1250
  Comp Cams 10 Deg. retainers w/ Manley cups
  Bullet Racing Cams Int. 278@.050" / Exh. 284@.050 - .754"Int / .722"Exh.
  Comp Cams Roller lifters
  RBRE 2000 Rocker system w/ oiling updates
  IRC 3/8" pushrods
  RBRE Single plane Intake
  Gary Williams 1050 full race 1150 CFM w/annular boosters and reworked fuel   circuits.
  Hooker A-Body Hemi 2 1/4" x 4" headers

The car is 2750 with me in it, has a light weight front half and has been back halfed with ladder bars and a floating 44" Dana 60 w/4.10 Stange gears, spool and axles and driveshaft w/ 1350 u-joints. I run 14.5/32/15   Goodyears for rubber. The car has Wilwood discs all around , 12 point mild steel cage  . The front end including the bumper is glass , the doors and decklid also . The trans is a J.W. Perf. Glide ' with Ultra bell adapter , The Wheel flywheel , J.W. transbrake , and 4600 stall 9" convertor. I`m using a Hurst Quarter Stick with pistol grip shifter also Hurst Linelock.
  How fast will she go ??????? Not done buildin' er' yet !!! It was dyno`d at Bartons at 874 hp @ 6800 and 750 ft/lbs @5350 ....in a 2750# car , do the math !
   CAN`T WAIT !!!!!!!!
           Chryco ;)
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=x9jxA83YeM0

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=9rG0doYzstE Dyno Pulls @ RBRE w/ David Barton

Attachments

#17 ·
HI , HERE IS MY STUFF . I HAVE A 71 SWINGER , 67 440 BLOCK , 30 OVER L2295 PISTONS ,10-10 ROD AND MAINS , 660-612 SPLIT LIFT ROLLER , COMP LIFTERS , 4,000 MUNSINGER CONVERTER , 4.30 RICHMOND GEARS W/POSI , M-1 INTAKE , 750 BARRY GRANT , STOCK 906'S OUT OF THE SHED ( NO PORT WORK) GOOD VALVE JOB , COMP SPRINGS , MSD IGNITION , PRO RATCHET SHIFTER , ART MORRISON LADDER BARS , COMP ENG SHOCKS , NARROWED 8-3/4 , MOSER AXELS , 29.5 11.50 15 , 3190 WET , + 235 POUND DRIVER .SHIFTING @ 5,800 AND JUST JETTING IT WENT 11.04 @122.5. WITH A 1.48 60 FT .

#18 ·
nanr Let these Big Dogs run wild all season long!!! Go out there and stick a DART in someone's fullmoon lol

#19 ·
Love the post and the replys _-_-_
Thanks DS,BC,and BB for the replys. since were doing builds to I guess I'll let a kitty lose.
the build
95 dodge avenger home built in about every way you can think of.but it's a big tire, 4-link/strut, funny car cage, whole nine yards. I'm in the process of building this now, it's chrome moly, and I'm building it to 25.1E specs.
dana rear with 3.73's with moser 35spline axels and spool and 5/8 studs
bruno/3speed lenco not sure of the stall yet.
for now the motor will be the heads and intake off the Valiant stuck on a lower compresion 500" short block. With my PT106mm turbo and a air to air intercooler. Should run in the 8's I hope  8) turbo kit is home made by me. 2" headers to 3" Y to the turbo, 5" exhaust. Waist gate is a HKS 60MM with a intercooler out of a Cummins truck and a procharger blowoff valve.
Not much to add this thing, its getting closer but still a ways away.
Here's where it sits now

with This in the nose

#20 ·
68 Valiant street strip thats not seen the street in a few years ;D
The car has the stock frame rails from the front bumper to the rear, even has the spare tire well. Bench seats front and back, somewhat stock dash, carpet, etc. Also has ladderbars and coil overs, strange double adj shocks on the rear HAl single adj on the front, willwood disks on the front glass nose and bumpers, lexan all but the rear window. rolling on a 10" rim in the rear and 3's in the front with a 4.30 geared 8.75 in the rear with a spool. Tranny is a home built 727 with a clutch or two added and a t/a rmvb with a break that I footbreak to be nice to the 8.75. been 1.31 in sixty foot breaking.
Motor is a 500" stock RB block with a 1/2 fill and main studs. 4.375x4.150 callies crank eagle rods ross pistons. home built using a muscle motors kit. cam is a lunati .750 roller that see's .722 measured at the valve  .280ish at .050 106c/l  heads are cast iron -1's that never had good numbers from a bench but are 2.250 intakes. the P&P was in them when I bought them at the swap lol but not the 2.250's The only thing trick on the motor is the EFI. It's the ssame intak I got with the heads at the swap but I converted it to EFI. it's a FAST sequential with WBo2 I got it used off racing junk and it's been a blast to learn.

I get it out to the track when I can and sofar it's been 6.16 in the 1/8 at 111.6 with a 1.31 sixty footbreaking. But I have slowed it down a little to race a heads up index class and I love it. Side by Side racing and you must drive the top end to.  We have a race coming up this weekend and I can't wait
motor

car before the glass, the nose is primer now

#21 ·
Jimmyb, chryco and 1mean fish,
My car is not as show quality as yours are, but my dome light works!! 0/

G
#26 ·
My stuff is still in pieces too but I'm working on it again with hopes of driving it again this summer.  It's a .040" over 440, stock stroke steel crank, Calico coated bearings and SCAT H-beams.  The pistons are Ross domes that I coated with Techline CBC2 and the pins have been casidiam coated to prevent galling.  I'm waiting on the Hellfire rings to finish the assembly.  Oiling system is the Milodon dual line system with a Charlies pan and a swinging pickup.  I'm also running a 3 quart accumulator with the electric valve. 

The cam is a custom solid roller 'ala Frank' that is something like 270/278 at .050" and .688 lift.  The heads are Eddy RPM's with max wedge windows, relocated pushrods and sleeved bolt holes.  Frank did a really nice job on them, super mega ultra wazoo valve job and 2.19's.  The rockers are Crane 1.6's and I also had the shafts casidiam coated to prevent galling.  Once I get it together the rest of the way I'll call Smith Bros for the pushrods.  I'm going to try both the 4150 Indy intake and the 4500.  I have the adapter but with the NOS plate it puts it up into my cowl hood so I'm going to try both manifolds and sell the one that doesn't work.  I have a worked 850 and a worked 1150 dominator.  I guess I could leave the hood off, use the 4150-4500 adapter and put a nos plate on each side of the adapter - 4 stages of nitrous!  YAAAHOOOO!!!!  Nah... won't do that ;)  One stage is fine and I have the digital retard wired in along with the NOS progressive controller. N.O.S

Headers are 2" CPPA - having those coated by Jet-Hot.  Exhaust is a 3" Summit system with an X-pipe and Borla XR-1's.  Trans is done by "the builder formerly known as "mopartranman" - Mel.  T/A manual valve body, T/A 8" converter - went to 4200 on the last motor.

The car is tubbed w/stock frame rails, 32" ladder bars with Strange single adjustable shocks and a wishbone locator.  I'm switching to a motor plate and mid plate this time, so I can move the motor back a bit.  Dennys driveshaft... Oh, and a spool with a 4.30 gearset with 35 spline axles and a braced 8 3/4 rear.  I boxed the ladder brackets too and welded in some struts.  We'll see how it works out.  Fenders and hood are fiberglass, car has a 10 point cage and still has the back seat in it!  What else, Aerospace Ultra 350 fuel pump, cell, trunk popper, dome light, bump switch on the firewall, RMS coil over conversion kit... I also plan to use RMS strut rods too. 

Damn, I need to quit buying parts and get this car together!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.