Big Block Dart Forums banner

Got a new toy, E-Body content inside

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  downtime! 
#1 ·
I've been looking for another car for a little while and had it narrowed down, I thought, to a really nice '68 Satellite. Came across this Challenger though and decided to make an offer. It was accepted on Thursday, and we finalized the paperwork this morning. Just waiting on the money to clear now. It's a '71 with 51k miles, 318-2bbl, 904 auto, ps and pb. Those are vintage Fenton Super Shark wheels (deep dish 14x8's in the back, wonder if you can still find L60-14's anywhere?). It supposed to be a one repaint car and the build sheet comes with the paperwork. Other than that, I haven't seen the car in person yet, should have it back to Texas in a week or two (it's currently in Atlanta). Looking forward to getting her here and doing some economical cruising.

See less See more
#5 ·
The Challenger has landed

Shipper dropped her off about an hour ago. Pretty clean car overall, but not nearly as clean as the Scamp. Definitely more of a project car, but still a very nice driver in the mean time. There were two big boxes of stuff in the trunk, and it's obvious that this was a girls car previously. Custom painted front plate with a purple rose and Plum Crazy lettering, purple fuzzy dice that light up (might have to keep these, LOL!) and a tiny mirrored disco ball were my first clues. It also came with new weatherstripping, a new front plate bracket, a box full of small parts (screw kits, ashtrays, lighters, panel fasteners, stuff like that) and the remainder of the paint and reducer used for the paint job. A lot more than I bargained for, to be sure. Doesn't sound like a 318 2bbl either. It has dumped Flowmasters at the axle, with huge tips on them, and it is freaking loud. I'll try to get a video this weekend.

Anywho, here's a couple of pics to get things started -

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.