Big Block Dart Forums banner

66 Valiant build ,maybe a SB

6K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  roccodart446 
#1 ·
Well the orig. plan was to do a 400 I have in the car, just stock for now, but have a chance to
trade it for a 71 360 about same condition, im seeing the same header issue,headmans for 67 up look like the may clear on top but what about the dam torsion bars,thought was going to coil over but ,I don't want to loose the good ride has anyone tried later headers in these,I figure if I have to make headers or before i'll spend a bunch on sb headers i'll stick with the big block...getting lost boom[] lol

new cant do pics yet )(/*

#2 ·
Yeah so I thought about it, i'd rather do my 400 than have almost the same issues putting a small block in,when I open the hood I don't want to see another small block car,i may end up doing custom headers but im thinking 67 up in chassis with some mods ...hoping lol

#5 ·
I don't think I'd ever think about an LA in something that isn't a car that should be "correct" (like my GTS convertible). I've done an injected magnum swap and would absolutely do it again. If I could land a Gen III hemi for a good price I'd consider that. Otherwise, I'll just choose a big block.

#13 ·
#7 ·
your issues will be headers because the early "A"s are 3" narrower. remove the "T" bars and install coil-overs and inchassis tube headers should fit. you can also try the iron manifolds off the factory hotrods it you can find them. once you get the 400" in there you would be to worry about how it rides anyway, just how it goes.

#8 ·
Yeah sounds strange but im not really doing it to go real fast right now,at most a 12sec. driver,looking at stroker later,not sure, getting ahead of myself,have friends with fenderwells and in chassis, if it was a choice id go in chassis no T bars and go rack and pinion,all later, just want it on the road for now

Attachments

#11 ·
See this is the first time doing an early car, and the others I've built or helped with were for strip/street, mostly strip, last was a 71 dart 500 inch indy,quarter tubed ,full interior and caged, ran 10.0, 1/4 mile ,but mines to be street/strip a little,doing hemi grind,451 inch I've got the pistons,also have desided to do semi fenderwells aka sanderson style custom built,unless I can make 67 up in chassis work .....but heres a torn in the works,I picked up a 99 ram,5.2, 5 speed,whos used these 5 speeds in cars?...pic is just the dry fit to setup everything

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.