Big Block Dart Forums banner

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  swaabby 
#1 ·
I've owned several Mopar's. I have had the Drive train from a 1968 Road Runner since 1978. 383 4 speed 8 3/4 4:10 Posi. This is a special engine, and all who worked on it back in the late 70's said it was perfectly balanced engine. The engine grabs RPM's very quickly. Back in the day we never had it at the track. I have built a 10.40 440 Six Pack 1970 Barracuda, I don't think the Roadrunner ran that fast but I'm guessing 12 sec easily. Road Runner was totaled when someone pulled out from a side street without stopping. It sat for about a year, when I bought a 69 Dart GT that originally had a 318 then had a 340. 340 didn't last long and I got the idea of putting the Road Runner drive train in the Dart. I had know idea of really how to do it and never finished the project, got the engine in the car with lots of crappy welding and cutting stuffed the Hooker fender wall headers in it. Got it started and shut it down. Has been in a barn since 1990 engine doesn't turn, k member is cracked as well as the transmission/torsion bar cross member, not the bolt on piece, the part attached to the uni-body. First thing to do is pull the engine and tear in down. Then work on the chassis parts. Need some guidance on what I should do for the cross member and K-member. Hope to hang around to completion and a track run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.