Big Block Dart Forums banner

Roll bar or no roll bar?

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  65special 
#1 ·
Hello,
I picked up a street legal 1969 dart race car that runs a consistent 10:35, it's an older restoration that needed some TLC.
I wasn't planing on racing it but would of been nice to take down the track a few times :)

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

http://s287.photobucket.com/user/65special/library/1969%20Dart?sort=3&page=1

Should be ready soon, my question is; is the car worth more with a roll bar or with out?
Not sure I'm going to hang on to it #^~!

thanks for any input you may have

See less See more
#3 ·
If you go faster than 11.50 at most tracks you have to have a roll cage. I was pulled of the track 2 times for going faster than 11.50 with no cage in my Charger. I think its better to have it for when you need it than take it out and have to put it back in

#8 ·
Myself I would say it may bring more with the rollbar. If the car runs 10.30's then it has to have a rollbar to race it and most people who buy a 10 second car are going to race it somrtimes to me. All you have to do is a 6 point rollbar like I have in my 63 as its legal down to 10.0 with just the 6 point bar as you dont have to put a full cage in it. And it helps strenthen the chassis as my rollbar strenthened my 63's chassis more then the frame connectors did. And I can go race anytime I want at any track because as long as the car has the stock firewall its legal to run down to 10.0's with just a 6 point rollbar. Believe me one of the selling points on a street car that runs 10's is the fact it can run 10's but you cant go show anyone it runs 10's without a rollbar. Also if someone ever wanted to put the car back to stock all you have to do is cut the bar off at the floor and grind the welds down and then no one will even know it had a bar when the carpet goes in. Myself I think it would sell better with a rollbar as you surely are not selling it as a all stock restoration but more as a 10 second street/strip car. Ron

#9 ·
Thank you for the reply, love the simplicity of a 6 point, can i get away with mild steel?
forget the new package tray, trough the speakers would be my choice.
back seats are wider then the the roll bar, custom built or not, seats go panel to panel so build the roll bar with seats behind main loop, one shot deal :)

Have a good day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.