Help!! What rim and tires will fit a 1970 Dart. 15 inch, what width and backspacing.
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Help!! What rim and tires will fit a 1970 Dart. 15 inch, what width and backspacing.

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

Help!! What rim and tires will fit a 1970 Dart. 15 inch, what width and backspacing.

There is so much info out there, I dont know what to believe, One guy says 15x10 with 7.75 B.S will fit under a stock 1970 Dart, others say 15x8 with 4.00 B.S. People are all over the place with this. My ride has a 8 3/4 rear with 10 inch drums. I know someone has done this. I cant be the alone. I just want a little meat out back without cutting my ride up. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    not sure if a 69 dart is the same as a 70 duster but for me uncut no tubs with a leaf relocation kit, stock wheel wells 15 x 8 with 5 3/8 give or take +/- (5 1/4 5 1/2) back spacing depending on what's available on the type of wheel you choose will work with a 255/60/15 with a fair amount of space on both sides, one 1/4" spacer was required for that perfect look and fit on my ride.
    I tried a 15 x 8 with 4 1/2 back spacing, did clear one side but no good, even if both sides cleared it would have been way to close.

good luck
    Last edited by 65special; 08-29-2015 at 02:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to be a jerk but why don't you just measure? Measuring for rear rims is very easy.

Measure from the brake face to the leafs or tub, whichever you hit first. MEasure from the brake face to the outside. Easy peasy
    69 dodge Dart GT. 440. 950 carb. Auto with RPVB & GVOD. Dana w/4.56 gears. MSD Digital 6. TTI 2" headers. 3" exhaust. Peak Dash.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

BBD LEGEND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I can tell you that my sons Dart you see here is a 72 Dart with everything stock. The springs are in stock location and it has stock wheelwells. He is running 26 x 9.5 QTP Hoosier tires on a 15 x 7 steel wheel. We tried 28's but they rubbed up front in the traps. I think the offset is 4.25 but its been years since we put them on so I will ask my son when he comes home to be sure but I think 4.25 BS is right. It has SS springs with the rest of the suspension all stock. Its a mild 400 and has run 11.40's and its a street car as it hooks fine. Ron

My car , 63 Sport Fury Max Wedge wanna be pump gas street car......10.76 @ 124.49 ! ! My page on the 62-65 Mopar site...Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 383man View Post
    Well I can tell you that my sons Dart you see here is a 72 Dart with everything stock. The springs are in stock location and it has stock wheelwells. He is running 26 x 9.5 QTP Hoosier tires on a 15 x 7 steel wheel. We tried 28's but they rubbed up front in the traps. I think the offset is 4.25 but its been years since we put them on so I will ask my son when he comes home to be sure but I think 4.25 BS is right. It has SS springs with the rest of the suspension all stock. Its a mild 400 and has run 11.40's and its a street car as it hooks fine. Ron

Sweet rides, looks like the Dart hooks just fine, That was the answer I was looking for, some folks say just measure, make one little mistake and own wheels that wont fit... Thanks for your input,

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good thread