Steering columns
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Steering columns

Post Thanks / Like

Steering columns

After changing engines I'm having to replace my steering column ,old one was cut to fit plus I think it has other issues. I also had to replace the manual steering box . I think its out of a C- body as it is a large sector 3/4" x 36 spline. My question is are all 67-69 A,B& C manual steering columns the same and only the lengths change between manual and power ? What I'm looking for is a manual floor shift column that will fit my 68 Dart and large sector manual box.
    Someone school Me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    While not exactly the same all 67-69 A-body columns interchange equally with the only functional difference the length of the shaft for power or manual steering. 67-69 B-body columns are also the same size, but the shafts are longer.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jim_Lusk;268657]While not exactly the same all 67
    Ok, so lets say I find the 67-69 manual floor shift steering column . These will most likely be
    made for small sector steering boxes . I have the large . How do I change that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t think there was a difference in the size off the input spline I know on the Flaming River adapter I bought for my car is a .750 32 tooth spline you may want to give them a call of Firm Feel that's were I got my box

Post Thanks / Like
    The input is different for manual and power steering, but did not change with the large sector gears (large output, pitman shaft).

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know what I was thinking I can adapt a Borgeson knuckle to it should work. Tanks Jim .
    I'll catch you over on FB I have a coupe more question to as.