Big Block Dart Forums banner

71 duster build

7K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  epicVIN 
#1 ·
Car is a 71 duster original 20,000 mile 6 cylinder car. The lady bought the car when she was 50 and smacked the front drivers corner. It went to salvage then for sale to private bid. My buddy got the car and sat on it for 10 years in heated dry storage. I will have had the car for 4 years this August. I got divorced when i bought it, so has been sitting off and on, just started to hit it hard this past year. will be on the road in a month.

The car is Glacier B2 Blue with white vinyl top and blue plaid interior. I am keeping that all original. Car was repainted the same, added new carpet and door panels. Glass pin on hood and scoop with white 340 stripes will finish the body off.

Motor is a 426 low deck, 383 with 440 crank. Eagle rods, Diamond forged pistons, Lunati solid lifter cam, Eddy rpm performer heads and intake 750 AED carb 1-3/4" TTI headers 525 Hp 552 TQ pump gad 9.98-1 compression.

727 TF with 3400 Stall full manual valve body.

8-3/4 with 3.37 gears. Dr diff drop in Centre Eaton tru tac deal.

15x8 welds with 4.5" BS with McCreary street tires L-60/15 15x6 up front 205/70/15

Afco rear leafs 160lb/inch springs, with Rancho RS9000 adjustable shock, front suspension has 340 TB with Strange adjustable shocks. Car has Hotchkis frame connectors welded in as well.

Car is a nice old school street car, just wanted something to go out and burn the tires on and have some fun with, Have always loved A body cars.

See less See more
#16 ·
My friend Pete is a sheet metal fabricator, i came up with the correct sizing for the engine. The filter is 10"x 13" and it works great. Had to join the two float bowl vent tubes together with a piece of rubber hose with a small hole in it to keep the bowls from pressurizing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.