Classical music that grabs people who don't like classical music
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Classical music that grabs people who don't like classical music

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

Classical music that grabs people who don't like classical music

OK, this is my first attempt to start a thread, so be patient.
    From time to time, I have witnessed friends or family who usually just don't listen to classical music being absolutely grabbed and amazed by a particular piece.

For example, my rock-music-fan son who walked into the office just now, heard a few bars of Ravel's Piano Trio and was fascinated. Only other piece to do that for him was Rachmaninov's Isle of the Dead.
    For example, a student friend many, many years ago dropped by my room, listened to the music I had on and said "Hey, that's like trees, a dark forest...wow". The piece was Tapiola; the friend knew nothing about it, had never even heard of Sibelius.

So, has anyone else had a similar experience? What classical pieces unexpectedly engage the attention?
    Last edited by Capt_Jack; 12-27-2016 at 02:19 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember myself being immediately entranced by lots of first hearings, out of the blue: Bach Keyboard Concerto #1, Sibelius En Saga, Daybreak music from Daphnis and Chloe, Brahms PC#1, Prokofiev PC #2 (amazing!!).........
    Last edited by Emily185; 02-25-2017 at 01:26 AM. Reason: few