How times change
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: How times change

Post Thanks / Like

How times change

I bought my car when i was 40yrs old now I`m 53 and finally the planets have aligned and I should be finished with my car within a year. So here the problem the car I started building was a fat back skinny front tire car that would go as fast as i could get it to go with a factory 4 speed in a straight line with no regard for comfort or drive ability but times change. If i could start from scratch it would be a different car but at this point its to late to change it it would set me back to much to too make this many changes to the car. Luckily a car is never done and in time I will make the changes to the car that I want

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean. Im getting ready to replace the tired old 440 in mine with a 360 LA motor, ditch the 4.10's and make it a street cruiser vs wannabe rookie racer.

a pity the cars dont change direction as easily as ourselves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you really ever done with them ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Been through the cycle many times. Get a car running good as a cruiser, decide it needs more power, keep modifying it until it is just about unstreetable and then wish you had a cruiser again. You get one and then it starts over again. At least this time I have a good mix of streetability and power, and not wanting to put a roll cage in the car has kept me from taking it too far. Still now and again I think about something I could drive to Carlisle comfortably and not go broke on gas. (an 8 hour drive for us).

Post Thanks / Like
    QKcuda your car is exactly what i wanted when i started a mid to low 11s car that i could drive to the track and RAZZe some HEII and drive home but the car took a turn when I realized the frames in the back were cut up to bad to save so i made the choice to go to the darkside. It will still be totally street legal and for the most part i will drive to my local drag stripe about 20 miles of back roads uncork it and have some fun but 4.56 gear will make for painful hwy driving I have seen those ppl doing 55 and it sounds like there turning 4000 rpms . I have 98% of the parts i need and just sent my trim parts of to Paul`s Chrome to be repaired so my goal is to have it at Carlisle`s next year i was just up there at Passon Performance picking up my 18spline gear box and all the stuff to put it in yesterday (i could have stayed there all day mopar stuff everywhere and Jamie is a real nice guy) My friends wife asked me if the trans was everything i thought it would be and i told her i was going to sleep with it . There are new car parts all over my house and my wife is hounding me to put it in my shop but i told here I didn`t want to clutter up my work area.